What's new

Any Ideas?

Smile

Hey All!

I initially ignored this domain but after receiving a fairly decent offer made me think twise. Any ideas on how I can develop this domain?
(Such as a niche and etc)

Urbane.com.au

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rhythm

Top Contributor
If it's a brandable and you have no use for it then sell it.

I have a too many brandables that in reality are pretty dumb sounding made up words/phrases. I'm letting most of them drop. Never Again.

Last edited:

djuqa

Top Contributor
Great name
Dictionary word
Very Brandable for clothing, Jewellery or Upmarket Restaurant

James

Top Contributor
I do not think this domain is worth reg fee, easy XXX possibly more imo...

"Urbane" is a pretty good name, I think their is a few clothing lines with the term "Urbane" in them..

To be honest I would take the offer if it was good.

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Hi Smile,

It's a nice one word dictionary domain. I would be trying for four figures - it would be a good fit for a number of companies...

QLD BN21695143 URBANE CONCIERGE
ACN 098 830 016 URBANE CONSULTING PTY LTD
ACN 002 204 168 URBANE DESIGN PTY LTD
ACN 145 891 041 URBANE DRAPE PTY LTD
VIC B2212926J URBANE HUSK
SA BN04204578 URBANE INSTINCT
ACN 131 083 522 URBANE LIVING PTY LTD
ACN 142 302 485 URBANE NOMAD PTY LTD
ACN 107 166 889 URBANE ORACLE PTY LIMITED
VIC P2260416 URBANE PROPERTY
QLD BN21385488 URBANE RESTAURANT
ACN 082 536 810 URBANE ENTERPRISES PTY LTD
NSW BN98368513 URBANE CREATIONS
VIC B2116874G URBANE FLOWERS
ACN 086 766 592 URBANE HOLDINGS PTY LIMITED
ACN 110 648 621 URBANE INNOVATIONS PTY LTD
NSW BN98530291 URBANE INTERIORS
QLD BN21391701 URBANE INVESTIGATIONS
ACN 009 438 662 URBANE PROJECTS PTY LTD
WA BN10605915 URBANE PROJECTS
ACN 128 390 581 URBANE RENOVATIONS PTY LTD
TAS BN01616146 URBANE BEAUTY LOUNGE
SA BN04779150 URBANE BY APPEAL
ACN 135 086 458 URBANE COMMERCIAL CLEANING PTY LTD
NSW BN98425741 URBANE DOG SPA
ACN 128 543 724 URBANE PROPERTY GROUP PTY LTD
QLD BN21118449 URBANE RESIDENTIAL DESIGN
ACN 101 228 282 URBANE PROPERTIES (AUSTRALIA) PTY LTD
NSW BN98351562 URBANE ESTATE AGENTS
NSW BN98530107 URBANE IMPRESSIONS PHOTOGRAPHY
QLD BN21429509 URBANE MEATS ONLINE
ACN 146 529 491 URBANE PROPERTY DEVELOPMENTS PTY LIMITED
QLD BN21529899 URBANE HAIR AND BEAUTY

Cheers

Andrew

Smile

Why would you not sell for a "decent offer" ? I call bullshit sorry.

reg fee

Why would it be bullshit?

1.) Im not in a hurry for the money that's why I was considering in holding on to it and developing it.
2.) Its a dictionary keyword, and it will appreciate in time. (Even if its a marginal increment.)
3.) It has a OK exact/broad search volume. So Im sure I can recoup the same figure over time through Adsense.

Now tell me whats "bullshit" about reconsidering a decent offer?

P.s - Thanks for the help from everyone else. Appreciate it lots.

Last edited:

WG2010

Archived Member
Why would it be bullshit?
1.) Im not in a hurry for the money that's why I was considering in holding on to it and developing it.

You said you initially ignored it, that's why I would sell it after receiving a considerable offer.

2.) Its a dictionary keyword, and it will appreciate in time. (Even if its a marginal increment.)

There's over 250,000 words in the dictionary. Having a dictionary word doesn't mean it's all of a sudden valuable. You agree it might only appreciate marginally; why not sell and use the funds elsewhere for a better return?

The keyword alone gives you sfa about the intent of the searcher (provided you disregard the people searching for it are looking for the Brisbane restaurant).

3.) It has a OK exact/broad search volume. So Im sure I can recoup the same figure over time through Adsense.

I would hazard a guess that all these searches are based on existing brands and that searchers won't be interested in your website.

1300 local exacts, which at least half (although I'd personally say 90%) are for the Brisbane restaurant named Urbane. I couldn't think of a better suited buyer. I'd guess perhaps they made the offer and no-one else is likely to offer more than them if that's the case.

Don't be so sensitive about my bullshit comment. You asked for comments and I gave one. If they're always positive, that's not a good thing. If it'll make you feel better, feel free to post some snide remarks on my posts elsewhere.

James

Top Contributor
Come on but man it is defiantly not worth Reg Fee...

I think their are many potential end users...Sure enough their are 250,000+ words in the dictionary but how many are brand able? How many are used in business names?

I checked out that restaurant in question they are pushing the "Urbane" name big time...Even they would pay XXX+ for the domain I am sure...

WG2010

Archived Member
Come on but man it is defiantly not worth Reg Fee...

I think their are many potential end users...Sure enough their are 250,000+ words in the dictionary but how many are brand able? How many are used in business names?

I checked out that restaurant in question they are pushing the "Urbane" name big time...Even they would pay XXX+ for the domain I am sure...

Fair comment.

I guess I look at what value it has to me and that dictates what I think it'd be worth.

I just don't think there is any point holding a domain like this and waiting for the million dollar pay day. Better to sell for a profit to a business like that restaurant than hold it for no real reason.

paz

I'm not sure what the offer was but I think in this young market you would do well to sell it and re-invest into an aftermarket name that will increase in value more in the foreseeable future. I don't see this as a name having a large (even high $xxx) value anytime soon.

But as I said I don't know the offer so couldn't really say if it was worth keeping?

To answer the thread title question - I have no ideas for development.

All the more reason why I would sell it if it were mine and there was an offer I guess!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member