What's new

Another great FREEBIE!

neddy

Top Contributor
Once again, the boys from AppSumo have a deal going for the weekend.

And it's free. You just have to "like" them or "tweet" them.

I think this one is really relevant because it's about becoming a successful blogger.

KissMetrics started their blog 10 months ago, and already got A MILLION VISITORS. They even turn part of those million visitors into paying customers... which is essentially free advertising for a startup.

Here is the link: http://www.appsumo.com/blogging-for-startups-video-promo/

courier

Just found a bottle of red and have accessed the sumo site - about to see if there is anything interesting in the video -

Heres a summary / running commentary while watching vids - might be a bit of shorthand sorry its Sat night .....

Section 1 ) All about content...some strange comments like they are still trying to figure out why blogging is good.

Section 2) What software to use ...they are all for wordpress ...Hmmm have to agree I launch all my new sites on wordpress just finished www.courierinternational.com.au this weekend. :They recommend a plugin called What would seth goddin do ...recommended for WP . ( Will have to check it out after the vids )

Then heaps of self promotion with their own WP plugin. Got bored ...switch to third vid

Section 3)

More about their products and the convertion rate....zzzzzzzz if you were not interested above ..Getting the feeling that this is an ad for them not a blogging for startups......

Switching and not interested in their product

Section 4 : The title is called " How Much Does it Cost " so I am guessing its about them again ....and I dont care

moving to section 5

Section 5 : Ok here we go creating content

They recommend Copyblogger.com - they like everything they say ......

Interesting some pages you create for traffic , some for conversion ......Nice

Actually interesting hearing them talk about content vs design ....optimise - howver do you have vision behind getting the conversion ....Worthwhile

The dude really shouldnt be wearing a vest .....sorry not related :)

Kissmetrics - I like this guy - he has his finger on the pulse - Vid just too driven to his program.

Lets see what else he has:

Hmmm seams to love Copyblogger.com ....Will have to check after ...Is this his site too....maybe

Section 6 ) Traffic

Guest blog - He wants guest blogs and he will publish ....

...Not too sure here rekons that 200 clicks from a blog is good....Hmmm thats not scalable volume

I guess its a good start ....however ..He does mention a good topic Guest blogging......interesting

Ohhh yeah ....he swears too ...good to see he is human

Talks about mashable vs seomoz

I love this modern day author stufff.....

APPSUMO heres a tip BUY GOOD WEBCAMS...( Ok I know its the customers ...)

Now we are checking his twitter account ....geee.....get on with it guys !!!

Got something good ....I did not know about cc in twitter....Call me silly however missed it

If you dont understand twitter / learn a little more - watch this for a tip

Section 7 ) Long term traffic

Talks twitter , facebook...two to three hours pr week , hubspot , back to guest blogging...

A few more sections....however I have tunned out ....Some light info for MEDIUM web marketers.. hope I helped

Cheers

neddy

Top Contributor
Thanks for your summation Courier. Hope it was a decent bottle of Red. :)

But haven't you got anything better to do on a Saturday night than watch "how to" videos? Like watch footy
or something? Ha ha!

On a serious note though, these are my general observations:

1. Free stuff generally has an angle to it somewhere e.g. buy this or that - but if you recognise that, then you
can make your own decisions.

2. There is some good stuff in here for newbies, and there are also occasional nuggets to be found for more
experienced people. If you get just one idea or bit of knowledge that you didn't have before, then you are in front.

Back in the 80's, I remember going to motivational courses one after the other. Zig Ziglar, Jim Rohn, Tom Hopkins etc.
(Cost a fortune in todays money). They all told the same story, but in their own unique way. Once again, I justified
the expense by hoping I would get at least one pearl of wisdom. And did they try and upsell! ;)

Cheers, Ned (Admin)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members