What's new

Annoying as hell domain time waster in regards to .net domain !!

James

Top Contributor
So I have a website/domain which gets around 200,000+ impressions a month. I have no intention of selling it cheap.

Over the last few days I have been spammed by this one guy trying to buy a domain from me.. here are his emails to me..

(annoying guy ) email 1 -

I want to buy ____________ .. How much for it?

(annoying guy ) email 2 -

around 13k visitors a month right? $100

(annoying guy ) email 3 -

I doubt its making any profit though man

(annoying guy ) email 4 -

How much do you want for just the domain?

(annoying guy ) email 5 -

Someone was selling _____.org on digitalpoint for 300!

At this point I search for the .org of this domain and they are selling it for 3,000 on digital point not 300 the joker...

(annoying guy ) email 6 -

That is a different post then I read it was dated obviously the site improved. Man I am in college and my friends would love it if I had this site can you sell me the domain for 350

By this stage the guy is annoying me and I obviously do not want to sell been kind I say this too him -

Buy the .tv extension man at $40 a year... make your website off that, please stop emailing me I do not want to sell the domain/site....

(annoying guy ) email 7 - (guy still going at it)

James that domain isn't even PR 1

(annoying guy ) email 8 -

James I must have this domain man. Can we come to a deal?

If this is not enough this guy tracks me down to Facebook -
He sends me a private message on Facebook after 1 day not replying -

"Regarding _______ I emailed you back some time ago and still no response, I'm very interested in this site. "

Any one ever dealt with some one like this hahaha

djuqa

Top Contributor
I get those annoying emails all the time, as do most domainers.
Respond to an email with a cheerful answer
"Yes, Certainly you can buy the Name. But the price would be $500K . This price is because as you have already said, it is a great name".

This will hopefully totally piss him off. He can't now say the name is crap. But as you have stated a price he will hopefully realise (optimism is a curse) that you would not sell below it's true value.

James

Top Contributor
I told him a price when he first started emailing me, I have had several offers on this domain, he just sent me 3 more emails I only replied to one saying Please stop emailing me it is boarder line horassement I have added you to the block list.

Email 9 -

James why are you being a dick dude? Yesterday you said you would sell it.

email 10 -

Your pricing this site a 4grand I just have a few questions, because I think you priced the site on potential value rather than the real value.

1. The domain has no page rank.

2. Sure it has page views but only 19k unique visitors a month is low - no enough to make any real profit

3. The site only is being linked by 4 other sites.

4. Social networking is horrid.

5. The average stay on the site is low

Could you just explain to me how you came up with the price?

Email 11 -

James, c'mon man why so harsh all of a sudden?

Email 12 - (after I told him he was on my block list)

$700

James

Top Contributor
hahahah this is crazy the guy emails me again now I realize why he wants to soo bad -

Alright James, heres the truth.

I didn't really want the site that bad. Actually I just know it had potential and this dude from ____.org is fucking pissing me off so I figured I would buy this site and make it more successful then his. Look, I can help you make this site big, right now it is shit tbh and this site will have a stagnant growth that is limited. The site needs a lot of work and I'm a pretty good designer/coder. If you are interested in some help, I would love to help and be apart of it because the owner of ____.org is a jerk.

Thanks man

Nova

Top Contributor
Just do it what I did, add some mail filter rules with a custom auto 550 error message for those pesky senders. Yeah, it's manual but it works for me :)

James

Top Contributor
New email from this clown haha, I have not replied to any thing -

/rant

But yo, you know I'm not gonna give up right? This is something I'm passionate about and believe in so everyday I'm going to email you, don't be a dick I know you are passionate about SEO and shit so you understand where I'm coming from. For now, I'm going to keep saving my money, and eventually I'll have enough to buy it for your asking price. What is your asking price? All you said was X,xxx

Love you James :)

-Tim

Did not reply, sends me another email -

How much is your asking price brotha?

Last edited:

Vicstar

With so much crap experienced already during discussions, imagine the crap awaiting you around the corner during payment & transfer. If it's not 4sale, then leave it at that, but please feel free to continue posting his amusing replies here for our entertainment :p If it is 4sale, then put it up somewhere reputable for 3 days only where he can prove he's serious.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
LOVE ??

welcome to the world of cyber stalking

is hollywood ready for a movie about a domainer who gets stalked, then .......

James

Top Contributor
This guy is crazy he has made a fake Facebook profile and new email address and is now contacting me via that. He is trying to act as if he is a 48 year old domain investor.

What a joke..

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member