What's new

AMA Netting NetFleet More Than Expiring Domains?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
It seemed their was a boatload of AMA domains that sold today - I counted about 65 whilst only 34 expiring domains were caught.

So by my rough calculations it looked like NF might have earned more today from auctioning AMA domains than from auctioning expiring domains!

That would have to be a milestone!

Is this likely to happen more often in the future?

:cool:

Either way congrats NetFleet.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Doubt they would have earned more... Big difference between 8% and 100%

But agree it's great to see. Shows there is some liquidity in the .au market hey snoopy?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Doubt they would have earned more... Big difference between 8% and 100%
I did the rough maths on that as well... I think they had roughly $7500 for the AMA domains versus about $2000 for the expired domains.

So when you factor that they also sold an extra 30 AMA domains with a $50 buyers premium on them each it gets pretty close...

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Today was a fantastic result with AMA domains dominating the top 20.

This month we sold 205 domains via the AMA totaling $30K (x GST, x Buyers Premium)
This included 5 (no reserve) sales over $1K.

We have also processed 1200 Change of Registrants in the last 5 months, 441 of these this month alone! Considering that the average number of COR for all the .au registrars is a little over 1000 per month, this is quite a significant number.

With this volume of CORs and sales it is hard to deny that the .au aftermarket is growing significantly.

geodomains

Top Contributor
Yeah great result, I think this new platform is a great method to sell domains not being developed and can only praise the work of NF.

Don

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Anthony. You and Mark need to take some credit for the growth. You are the facilitators.
Thanks, it is encouraging to see the continual real growth of .au :)

We are also encouraged by every Change of Registrant that we process where we see the buyer is an end user with an exact match for the domain name.

acheeva

Top Contributor
EDM Sales

We are also encouraged by every Change of Registrant that we process where we see the buyer is an end user with an exact match for the domain name.

I can assure you that it looks better on the profit & loss too:)

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I saw today on your domain sales graph page that in December 25% of your sales were actually AMA/Catalogue domains!

Looks like the trend is continuing...

Ashman

Top Contributor
With this volume of CORs and sales it is hard to deny that the .au aftermarket is growing significantly.

Is it actually growing or are you guys just getting a bigger market share with the implementation of your awesome new systems?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Is it actually growing or are you guys just getting a bigger market share with the implementation of your awesome new systems?
No doubt this is also a big part of the reason.

And I imagine as more domain buyers/sellers get used to the system it will offer the industry a lot of peace of mind when it comes to acquiring/liquidating preowned domains, not to mention save loads of time.

I know I have sold a few domains via their new system now, and I know I'm now more likely to click that that "accept offer" button on "so so" offers that I might not have previously because I know once it's clicked all the hard work is done because from there you are one email link click away from having the money placed in your account.

:cool:

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
The overall numbers for CORs at the registry are up.
2010 was 8,647
2011 was 14,545
2012 was 16,574
Our market share for the CORs within these numbers is skyrocketing.

It is much harder to measure the overall value of the sales for the CORs which occur outside of Netfleet so I can only speak for us when I say the values are increasing.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-01-07 at 1.41.57 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-01-07 at 1.41.57 PM.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 14

Ashman

Top Contributor
The overall numbers for CORs at the registry are up.
2010 was 8,647
2011 was 14,545
2012 was 16,574
Our market share for the CORs within these numbers is skyrocketing.

It is much harder to measure the overall value of the sales for the CORs which occur outside of Netfleet so I can only speak for us when I say the values are increasing.

Well done anyway. Your new systems are great and you guys deserve all the success.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo