What's new

AMA Listing Suggestions

Chris.C

Top Contributor
OK I have been playing around with the AMA for awhile now and I'm beginning to notice some things that I think might be worth changing and I just thought I'd make the suggestions here to see what everyone else thinks:

1. There needs to be a "Domain Auctions Finishing Today" page and at least the top 10 domains from this page should have a prominent (if not the most prominent) section on the AMA homepage given that if general browsers don't see that there are a number of domain auctions finishing that day and they just see a few "Hot Domains" that aren't finishing for another week or two there is no chance they will have another chance of bidding and the domains will just pass in, where as people generally have weeks or two to review whether or not to bid on "Hot Domains".

I guess my point is, whilst promoting the "hot domains" is important, I don't think it is more important than promoting the domain auctions that finish that day.

Even if just the top 10 domain auctions that are finishing today are listed on the AMA homepage, and then you have to click a link to go to the page that has the complete list of domain auctions that are finishing that day, that would be fine, but either way people will always be most interested in the domain auctions that are ending the soonest.

2. Also a dedicated page that has just the auctions that are finishing that day could be promoted directly after the Snapper auction finishes and people wouldn't be being sent to a page with the same "Hot Domains" everyday. They'd just be seeing what they could purchase that day, which is what most of us domainers care about.

3. Also I think there is merit to even having a single page where people can see all the domains that are for sale this week or month, or even a page that lists the domains being auctioned in order from soonest to finish to latest to finish.

I'd rather a complete list than some randomly generated "Hot Domains" list.

4. Domain stats, just like in the Snapper auction would be nice.

What's everyone else think?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Another couple suggestions:

5. Allow us to add more than one domain at a time.

6. Have a confirmation page to make sure details are correct. I was rushing through adding a multiple domains one by one and accidentally put the wrong dates in. Alternatively we should be able to edit our listings if there aren't already any bids.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I think is too much going on at the moment and whislt some of your suggestions are valid it may be worth remembering our market does not clear out domains like other places such as godaddy etc

About the only thing i think is really missing is that when click a link on the sidebar 'browse auctions' underneath the hot domains 125 domains the link disappears each time , so you are constantly hitting the back arrow which is a bit annoying when you could reading a menu if it stayed in the sidebar

I would like to hit quick sale, devo domains in a sidebar as hitting one of the links

in other words the menu options disappear after clicking on one link

I think possibly things can get 'too busy and too much'

DavidL

Top Contributor
Good suggestions, Chris.

Above all I think the main auction page (http://www.netfleet.com.au/aftermarket-auctions) should feature ending soon most prominently - at the moment it looks like is is the hot domains section.

You could maybe have just 5 hot domains at the top (calculated by a mixture of end time, #bids, current price, internal valuation etc) and the rest ending soon. other hot domains will still get extra exposure through the Hot domains category.

And would love to see metrics too!

Also is there any reason why people can't bid on the main page?

Mark

Top Contributor
1. There needs to be a "Domain Auctions Finishing Today"

As per post just made, Hot Domains will always show domains closing in the next 24 hours

3. Also I think there is merit to even having a single page where people can see all the domains that are for sale this week or month, or even a page that lists the domains being auctioned in order from soonest to finish to latest to finish.

I'd rather a complete list than some randomly generated "Hot Domains" list.

Yes, this would be handy I agree. We are discussing this as we speak

4. Domain stats, just like in the Snapper auction would be nice.

Yes, we always planned to bring in metrics, and will do shortly.

5. Allow us to add more than one domain at a time.

6. Have a confirmation page to make sure details are correct. I was rushing through adding a multiple domains one by one and accidentally put the wrong dates in. Alternatively we should be able to edit our listings if there aren't already any bids.

Agreed and agreed

Also is there any reason why people can't bid on the main page?

A technical limitation I'm afraid - as strange as it may sound, but changing that would be a fair amount of work. Having said that, we are looking to change the main page anyhow today/tomorrow

We are working on all of above as we speak. Will keep you posted

Thanks for feedback guys - you definitely know how to keep us busy :)

Thanks
Mark

Chris.C

Top Contributor
So I was looking through some domains on the AMA today and the list of domains up for sale over the next 30 days is now over 500 by my count!

Nice work NetFleet!

:)

Of course the downside as a buyer now is going through and having to do stat lookups on each domain...

:(

Yes, we always planned to bring in metrics, and will do shortly.
So I know you guys mentioned that you were planning on integrating metrics "shortly" I was just wondering if "shortly" was more days, weeks or months?

Also will the domain metrics be just exacts or phrase or both?

Mark

Top Contributor
We should get this in next week - I don't have a hard date yet though.

Cheers
Mark

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads