What's new

AMA Closure?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I don't know if this has already been spoken about, but it seems like big news:

Please note that the Aftermarket Auctions service has been suspended.
Be sure to list your domains in the Domain Catalogue here in the meantime.
We are looking into improving our service so we will be looking to introduce an even better solution in the summer/autumn of 2013/2014.

:eek:

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Sorry for the double post but I just felt I needed to say my piece on this matter:

This really is a tragedy for the whole AU industry if NetFleet shuts down its AMA - the AMA is the only thing that brings efficient liquidity to the AU market.

I really hope NetFleet reconsider and just continue to run it as is until they release a new version.

I know I'm one of those people that have become complacent about the AMA and haven't posted any domains on it in the last couple of months (and I have expressed my reasons why previously), but if I knew it was going to be closing down I definitely would have put a few up before it did!

Is there any chance you guys would be willing to reopen it or at least have "closing date" rather than just closing it out of the blue...?

And I really hope you guys don't think that the AMA can't work - I honestly think it can - and whilst I get your premise of the AMA is not achieving catalogue prices so why should you bother, but I think that overlooks the most valuable thing the AMA offers - liquidity.

I think it's far more important that there is a place that someone can go to sell their domain tomorrow for 30% - 50% of its catalogue price than it is that you have an auction platform that achieves catalogue prices (that's just unrealistic).

I would implore you to reconsider a few of the suggested tweaks to help improve the results of the AMA:

https://www.dntrade.com.au/netfleet-com-au/7912-would-solve-ama-front-page-dilemma.html

https://www.dntrade.com.au/netfleet-com-au/7259-ama-seller-feedback.html

I think with these tweaks you would see a flood of domains being listed on the AMA - and more transactions occurring at higher prices (which is ideal for NetFleet) - and more importantly than that you'd see domains being REGULARLY added to the AMA because it would achieve good results for sellers.

duncan22

Any chance we could have it back only for no-reserve auctions as these feature exactly the same as drop auctions and blend into the list?

Rhythm

Top Contributor
It seems only temporary going by this:

We are looking into improving our service so we will be looking to introduce an even better solution in the summer/autumn of 2013/2014.

goldnugget

Top Contributor
Hi all, long time no type.

Personally as someone with only a couple of domains, I am finding keeping up with NF a bit challenging.
The AMA was something that drew me to NF, and now its not there. I am guessing there isn't as much money in transfers and commissions of existing domains than drops. This is reflected in the home page I think.

General public or people just coming in probably would not know that the listings in the daily auctions are drops from disregarded or forgotten domains. If they are looking for something in particular they have to go searching for it and its not even in the main closing daily sales list. This is an issue for non AMA listers that want(ed) to sell domains.

I suggested some time back that rather than having static short lists (very short lists) of available domains that they could (and probably would) have a better response and more action if they had a couple scrolling windows with all domains listed that are available. This way there would almost be an even chance of listed domains being seen as an available domain (drop or not) and when someone clicks on something they like, it goes to the bid page (or featured page) of that domain. When you have so many domains on file, the chances of someone finding exactly what they are looking for, or possible alternatives by trolling the pages of listings would be extremely remote. Its a very cumbersome process and it limits opportunities for most listed domains to be even seen let alone get a bid or offer.

Anyway, the response was sort of 'Yeah...we'll think about it but we don't want to change the home page layout'. It didn't come across very reassuringly for me as a potential seller. I still have a couple of domains there, but they will more likely be coming home again as I look for somewhere else to list them because lets face it...I don't know when or if the AMA will in fact come back online again and the static sales platform in my view is pretty much almost exactly that...static.

For what its worth, that's my thoughts at the moment.

Jay

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I'd definitely like to know what NetFleet's thoughts were on reactivating the AMA in light of the recent results of the new auction system.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member