Am I missing something?

djuqa

Top Contributor
I Never Kid about money
The Potential income from Webdesign services is AWESOME

Last edited:

Timmy

Banned
Agreed - $22k is less than 160 hours work for most designers - probably 1 new custom job and they'd break even.
T

Timmy

Banned
really? can anybody confirm this?

I can Rhythm. I had over 12 quotes on one of my projects and all agencies charged between $100 and $160 per hour.

For the design and some custom coded features I spent in excess of $17k which incidentally was charged at $110/hour ex. Add on top of that a mobile web app which came in at around $7k.

While I appreciate there are designers who work for less and that going to an agency probably added some fat to the bill, it was money happily spent.

I think it comes down a project by project basis. I got a quote once for $640 from another agency to put together a couple of banner ads - which I obviously didn't do. I outsource a lot of stuff to designers I've met through small job postings on guru(dot)com who gladly work for $10-$20 USD an hour, however, that only works when I know exactly what I want and how to communicate it.

I guess more on topic, there are hundreds of Australian agencies who love potential customers like me that are only 80% there on an idea and need them to connect the dots and show the way.

If you were going to setup a template site or offer "We build your 5 page website for $997" sort of thing then $22k would still be a wise investment - but for an established agency or aspiring one, they'll be laughing all the way to bank.

Cheers,
T

Last edited:

Smile

really? can anybody confirm this?

Yeah I can second what Timmy said too.
For one of my projects, they charged just over $5000 for the CSS alone.

I have done some work with this company - http://www.bwired.com.au/
And the consultant that was helping us said their average job is around $20-$25K. But these guys are very good though.

Once I wanted an eCommerce website. To customize a magento platform the average quote I had was around $5500.

In my opinion $22,000 for websitedesign.com.au is a steal. I would of held out for the whole $50k.

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
ahhh we are talking about boutique design.....prada websites....fair enough.

( I still think they are overpriced :p )

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Yep I agree too, anything under $100 per hour in Australia is cheap and freelancers should be charging alot more than this.

You could make the 22k back in padding alone on one medium sized project. Last job I worked on had more than that in HTML/CSS

Last edited:

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Folks

Was just holding off there, but now I can confirm the sale of websitedesign.com.au for $22,000 on Netfleet. I think this makes it the biggest recorded sale of 2010 which is great to see.

Cheers
Mark

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think it's a good result for both buyer & seller.

For those who think it's a lot of money, consider that this domain will effectively be the 'shopfront' for this guy's business. $22K to fit out a physical shop wouldn't go far in the bricks and mortar world so it's a great investment for someone who will obviously rely on his website to promote his business.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member