What's new

All Australians remember 10 years ON

djuqa

Top Contributor
!0 years since the tragic terrorist attacks in BALI, all Australians should remember all those have tragically lost their lives or lost loved ones.

We should all spend a little time today to reflect and renew our personal fortitude to never allow these terrorist cowards to achieve their twisted goals.

New Living bible said:
Romans 12:19
Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, "I will take revenge; I will pay them back," says the LORD.

Rev. David Underhill aka DJUQA

Last edited:

smee

Top Contributor
and let us all also remember all those civilians killed either on purpose or via 'friendly' fire by the US in countries they should not be in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_12,_2007_Baghdad_airstrike

and also the innocents now born with birth deformities, thanks to the US using spent uranium shells in Iraq.

Thanks to twisted lies of weapons of mass destruction, but really in the name of God and more importantly, oil.

djuqa

Top Contributor
This thread is about remembering the Aussies and others that were killed or injured in BALI.
NOT a discussion thread on the pros/cons of WARFARE including unfounded theories about the usage of any weapons.

smee

Top Contributor
This thread is about remembering the Aussies and others that were killed or injured in BALI.
NOT a discussion thread on the pros/cons of WARFARE.

How convenient. Remember most "terrorist" actions whether by Bali bombers or the US are in retaliation to some prior action or because they are after some asset.

Maybe if we reflect on WHY these things occur, then we can try to change.

smee

Top Contributor
NOT a discussion thread on the pros/cons of WARFARE including unfounded theories about the usage of any weapons.

Nicely edited.... you really need to educate yourself and read about the great work an Australian, Donna Mulhearn (I don't know if she is a Christan, but she is acts more so than any others I know - a great samaritan ), is doing in Iran in regard to these birth deformities, including getting Australia to vote no to the use of depleted uranium, as Australia currently plan to "abstain" in a UN vote to obey the US. If you are Christian, then look for the truth.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bir...&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...roGIDw&usg=AFQjCNEi2k6W17DDxN7eV_qljG3pOK5fgQ

Last edited:

smee

Top Contributor
Thanks for hijacking this thread!

Apologies that you feel that way. Just that there is always two sides to every story, Iranians are also human, have suffered and it appears will continue to suffer - uranium doesn't disappear overnight. Imagine if it were a 'dirty' bomb that terrorists used in Australia - pretty much the same thing has occurred in Iran (but because the US did it, most people seem to think that is ok, which means they value western lives more than other humans - I doubt God / Jesus would see it that way, but ultimately They will judge).

Personally, I think any deliberate loss of life or maiming of humans is abhorrent, whether Australian or otherwise. Unfortunately, it continues.

Last edited:

djuqa

Top Contributor
I also abhor any usage of weapons of Mass destruction or biological weapons.
HOWEVER THIS THREAD WAS / IS about the VICTIMS of the BALI bombings.
There are not 2 sides to that argument. 88 Aussies died, pure and simple.

ALL true believers of all faiths would never have justified the actions of COWARDS and their twisted reasonings.

If you want to debate the mis-usage of weapons and atrocities of warfare in general:-
1/ START your own thread and or Blog (I have).
2/ Protest to the people in power. (I have)
3/ Do something Pro-active, don't troll memorial recognition threads. (I don't)
4/ Go overseas and HELP the innocents of warfare (I have)

Last edited:

smee

Top Contributor
I also abhor any usage of weapons of Mass destruction or biological weapons.
HOWEVER THIS THREAD WAS / IS about the VICTIMS of the BALI bombings.
ALL true believers of all faiths would never have justified the actions of COWARDS and their twisted reasonings.

If you want to debate the mis-usage of weapons and atrocities of warfare in general:-
1/ START your own thread and or Blog (I have).
2/ Do something Pro-active, don't troll others memorial recognition threads.
3/ Go overseas and HELP the innocents of warfare (I have)

I doubt 3. I have never justified their actions.
You speak like a typical "Christian" - judgemental and bullying, calling someone a troll (again you edited this out) who asks questions.
No wonder people have no faith when "Sunday Christians" or fair weather Christians like you are the example.

Last edited:

acheeva

Top Contributor
Today is not a day for reasons; but rather the victims, their near & their dear

Our thoughts are with them ALL (Let's not forget the local life's that were loat)

James

Top Contributor
and let us all also remember all those civilians killed either on purpose or via 'friendly' fire by the US in countries they should not be in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_12,_2007_Baghdad_airstrike

and also the innocents now born with birth deformities, thanks to the US using spent uranium shells in Iraq.

Thanks to twisted lies of weapons of mass destruction, but really in the name of God and more importantly, oil.

Today is not the July 12. Today is October 12th where we are remember those innocent lives who were lost in Bali. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Bali_bombings

Lets please keep this thread on topic towards the events which took place on October the 12th. I deepest condolences go out to all families who lost loved ones.

johno69

Top Contributor
I don't see why we must only remember them on a specific day.

Bali or any other, including Anzacs. Remember them every day.

payattention

Archived Member
Good on you smee.

djqua, religion creates these types of situations, don't make it worse by piling on your rubbish in remembrance.

James

Top Contributor
Good on you smee.

djqua, religion creates these types of situations, don't make it worse by piling on your rubbish in remembrance.

I think djqua is doing the right thing setting up a thread to remember those who lost loved ones in an event which was closely connected with Australia. If you lost family or close friends on this date you want to morne their loss.

As its 10 years on, what are you saying people should not remember Anzac day? People should not remember September 11?

Last edited:

payattention

Archived Member
I think djqua is doing the right thing setting up a thread to remember those who lost loved ones in an event which was closely connected with Australia. If you lost family or close friends on this date you want to morne their loss.

As its 10 years on, what are you saying people should not remember Anzac day? People should not remember September 11?

It's only covered by the media for political purposes. The PM gets up there, spouts a bunch of sentimental rubbish as if it had a deep, troubling impact on her and that's all it ever is. Meanwhile, we as a country are still sending troops to others and killing civilians while shrugging it off.

djqua says if we don't like it, we should appeal to those in power. I say they should be removed from that position - one that allows them to make decisions that impact a large amount of people. We don't need any form of government and the democracy they claim to spread is corrupt, dead and has nothing to do with true freedom.

The whole terrorism thing is a farce. If the American government doesn't like you, they'll designate you as a terrorist whether you are one or not. The only real terrorism in the world is being perpetuated by our and other governments. When's the last time you went around shooting people or dropping bombs? Never right? Humans are fundamentally good but the people who seek these positions of power only mean to rule over us all and others and they'll do it by force when necessary and they use days such as today to remind us of the bogeyman that will get us unless we leave them in power.

The only sad thing about the Bali bombing is that they targeted civilians instead of the real culprits. You can bet the world would be a better place if they bombed the real perpetrators.

Last edited:

snoopy

Top Contributor
It's only covered by the media for political purposes. The PM gets up there, spouts a bunch of sentimental rubbish as if it had a deep, troubling impact on her and that's all it ever is. Meanwhile, we as a country are still sending troops to others and killing civilians while shrugging it off.

Well said, the heart of the problem remains.

James

Top Contributor
I agree with your points about the Politicians getting involved with this stuff to an over extent. But that is what Labor does best is PR the shit out of things in a hope they will try and win some voters. Labor getting desperate just look at the recent weeks events.

I also do not really agree with the religious quotes all over the original post, was probably not the right place.

I feel this was a very sad instance where innocent civilians were killed and I feel this should be a time for people to remember those innocent lives who were lost, this isn't a time to link up religion or politics. This isn't also a time to link it back to things the American army has done in their own war is it?? Do I agree with all these wars and loss of life no, its not something I endorse at all.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member