What's new

Alarming Google webmaster central post targeting .au domainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy01

Top Contributor
Let me guess

You've all used G analaytics in your sites?? The G will always get you.

Is that a common element? One to think esp for Shaun and Don who do good work.

geodomains

Top Contributor
Yeah its over a month old and was from someone who does not like competition.

The post had no replies because no one cared and if you look at most posts on Google webmaster central they have heaps of replies.

The reason that no one replied is we and other webmasters have done nothing wrong, its all part of the seo game.

If we own the websites and want to point some links to our websites, big deal what have we done wrong.

Whoever wrote this is scum.

Don

davids

Top Contributor
was from someone who does not like competition.

My thoughts exactly. The only sites he was using as examples were finance related ones, so my best guess is that the guy has a poorly performing finance site and wanted others' sites penalised so he could better compete.

payattention

Archived Member
So a complaint that was posted over a month ago, which received no response and is buried in the archives just miraculously gets posted on DNTrade where the people mentioned are active.

Sounds like you're the one who complained FirstPageResults or you posted it here for them by proxy.

Maybe it's just me but I personally wouldn't buy/sell domains or engage in any business activities with someone who tries to out other people simply because they don't have the brains to compete.

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
wow...someone 'discovered' that expired domains may have backlinks and PR.

ohh...sorry but it's old news.

James

Top Contributor
Yeah as said very very old method he he been happening since the 90's in the SEO Game, Its very obvious this is just a angry competition trying to get you guys all shifted down the ranks.

I mean linking to your own websites as a network, their is nothing really wrong with that. The only issue is who is data and if you are on the same class IP.

The only issue I see here is most of these websites are really low quality, but really theirs no advertising and just a few links, so it is not even that bad.

It is pretty much the same as making a Squidoo page, hub pages or high authority page making content which is semi relevant and then linking back to your main website.

I would not even class this method as Spam, it is more gray hat/ pushing the boarders of what is aloud.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
So a complaint that was posted over a month ago, which received no response and is buried in the archives just miraculously gets posted on DNTrade where the people mentioned are active.

Sounds like you're the one who complained FirstPageResults or you posted it here for them by proxy.

Maybe it's just me but I personally wouldn't buy/sell domains or engage in any business activities with someone who tries to out other people simply because they don't have the brains to compete.

Wow, you sure turned that around quickly...

Found it via an unrelated search and thought it was worthy of discussion here. Wasn't sure if I should repost it tbh, but as already pointed out no one has done anything wrong so I don't see the problem.

Search

I mean linking to your own websites as a network, their is nothing really wrong with that.

If you're doing it with your own domains & sites that's fine, take the risk and accept the outcome. But if it's involving client's websites or small businesses who are paying someone to do their SEO, then they should be made aware of the risks.

Personally if I was Grant Elevators I'd be worried about my backlink profile.

Shane

Top Contributor
I had a look through some of the sites listed, and they are pretty dodgy! Personally I think they should all be delisted by Google as they are clearly 100% for the purpose of tricking Google. There's no way to argue otherwise.

As for a "close and substantial connection", well it's just non-existent.

I have plenty of sites which link to each other, but at least they all contain relevant and original content which would be of value to the visitor.

Whilst I don't agree with outing the individuals involved, I do agree with outing these very dodgy practices.

Billy01

Top Contributor
It should never have been posted here

For Shaun and Don's sake shut the thread. I agree if its your portfolio fair call.

James

Top Contributor
If you're doing it with your own domains & sites that's fine, take the risk and accept the outcome. But if it's involving client's websites or small businesses who are paying someone to do their SEO, then they should be made aware of the risks.

Personally if I was Grant Elevators I'd be worried about my backlink profile.

Yeah I know hence I said "Own" websites. I would never make a mini network with the same class IP and Who is data/ GA under 1 name for a client website. Google will potentially just drop the ranks for all. But if you look at the websites in question they are all obviously connected via friends/ partners.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I have removed it, I see now why I shouldn't have reposted it here. Sorry to those named in the thread, I made an error of judgement and put peoples livelihoods at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads