What's new

Aftermarket Auctions - Domains Closing Soon

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Guys

Wanted to just post a thread highlighting some domains ending tomorrow at 2:30pm AEDT (Sydney time). Bit of a net.au show with 54 generic domain names ending tomorrow - all but one are no reserve:

https://www.netfleet.com.au/aftermarket-auctions

3DCamcorder.net.au No Reserve
3DMobilePhone.net.au No Reserve
Acceleration.net.au No Reserve
Actions.net.au No Reserve
Advertisers.net.au No Reserve
Alcohols.net.au No Reserve
Algorithm.net.au No Reserve
Anatomy.net.au No Reserve
Angle.net.au No Reserve
Announcements.net.au No Reserve
Anti.net.au No Reserve
Appendix.net.au No Reserve
Arcades.net.au No Reserve
Aria.net.au No Reserve
Assistant.net.au No Reserve
Available.net.au No Reserve
Bachelor.net.au No Reserve
Bakeries.net.au No Reserve
Barbecue.net.au No Reserve
Beauties.net.au No Reserve
Beginners.net.au No Reserve
BestPrice.net.au No Reserve
Bibliography.net.au No Reserve
Bidder.net.au No Reserve
Bistro.net.au No Reserve
Blind.net.au No Reserve
BusinessClub.net.au No Reserve
Calculate.net.au No Reserve
Canoe.net.au No Reserve
Capsule.net.au No Reserve
Certifications.net.au No Reserve
Certify.net.au No Reserve
Cheat.net.au No Reserve
Chicks.net.au No Reserve
ChildCares.net.au No Reserve
Circus.net.au No Reserve
Comic.net.au No Reserve
Conquer.net.au No Reserve
ContentManagementSystem.net.au No Reserve
Copiers.net.au No Reserve
Copyrights.net.au No Reserve
Countdown.net.au No Reserve
Damage.net.au No Reserve
Dancers.net.au No Reserve
Dome.net.au No Reserve
Doughnuts.net.au No Reserve
Drawing.net.au No Reserve
Dungeon.net.au No Reserve
Duplex.net.au No Reserve
Educations.net.au No Reserve
KidsChair.com.au No Reserve
OpalSculptures.com.au No Reserve
RedBluff.com.au No Reserve
Swim.net.au

Cheers
Mark

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Hey I'm confused...what happened to scooters-com-au and answer-com-au etc...? I missed it -

Is there a historical bid history?

Thanks

soj

Founder
Hey I'm confused...what happened to scooters-com-au and answer-com-au etc...? I missed it -

Is there a historical bid history?

Thanks

I don't think there is a historical bid history (as yet) - though I'm sure Mark or Anthony will correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

From memory, "scooters" passed in around high $8k's. Not sure about "answer".

DavidL

Top Contributor
Both passed in I think. Not sure final price.

I'm not sure whether NF plan on releasing history of unsold domains - personally not sure whether they should.

As a seller you don't necessarily want it public knowledge what the domain was passed in for as it may not help with future negotiations

soj

Founder
I'm not sure whether NF plan on releasing history of unsold domains - personally not sure whether they should.

As a seller you don't necessarily want it public knowledge what the domain was passed in for as it may not help with future negotiations

Very good point.

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Guys

Yes they both passed in.

As Dave mentioned, we would be very cautious to advertise this information. I can say we notched up 14 sales yesterday, and will be able to detail these in due course.

We learnt much from yesterdays AMA, and are committed to driving more retail buyers to the auction (to get the sort of prices sellers want - which we usually will not get through domain investors), stepping up the marketing, making the extended bidding more user friendly and apparent, adding more information to domains (description etc), amongst many other initiatives that we hope will make the entire process more transparent and useful for both buyers and sellers.

Thanks
Mark

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Thanks, its a good point regarding historic bids on unsold domains but do you really think it will hinder the sell?

the bidding would create a base for future offers on the domain and if other were passed in then, its not necessarily a hindrance to the seller is it?

Houses Passed in [PI] at auction are published so why is it any different to domain names, especially when domain names are marketed as comparative to real estate

I don't see scooters listed in netfleet - so if I were to make an offer I cant bid on it? And if i don't know what the seller has previously received as an offer then I'm wasting my time and the sellers time sending him an offer of $5k when the seller has received $8k

soj

Founder
Thanks, its a good point regarding historic bids on unsold domains but do you really think it will hinder the sell?

the bidding would create a base for future offers on the domain and if other were passed in then, its not necessarily a hindrance to the seller is it?

Houses Passed in [PI] at auction are published so why is it any different to domain names, especially when domain names are marketed as comparative to real estate

Also a good point. I was thinking about this very thing after I made my last post.

People can and do research real estate auction listings / results - it is more often than not a stepping stone to future negotiations and an increased price.
Just because something passes in at a particular price doesn't necessarily mean that it is overpriced. It can simply mean that the right buyer hasn't been found -
or some other factor on the day.

neddy

Top Contributor
0k.com.au

I don't know whether it is just me, but I nearly got caught putting in a bid on this name today on the AMA.

0k.com.au

It was "no reserve" and sitting at $100, and I thought "yippee". But on closer investigation, it was actually a "zero" before the "k" - not an "O".

It would be my suggestion that anything like this should be clearly indicated (so as to avoid any possible issues). Imho.

Perhaps a strikethrough on the "0"? i.e. ØK.com.au Is this possible NF?

Mark

Top Contributor
I just think ditch the capitalisation altogether. As a strike through wont help with capital i vs lowercase L also.

Lowercase wouldn't help zero's though 0k still looks like ok. We are trying to improve upon our 'mind of its own' phrase breaking and hope to have a better solution early in the new year, which will help eradicate some of these issues.

And I'm not sure about strikethroughs tbh, I'll check.

Also, maybe we could space the letters more (we have already padded it out though recently)

Cheers
Mark

johno69

Top Contributor
Lowercase wouldn't help zero's though 0k still looks like ok.

Lowercase would help with 0k if everything was in lowercase.

That's right. The letter o will always be lower, and the number 0 will always be bigger. I tend to open then url in a new tab for the purpose of seeing it all natural anyway.

Good old right click open in new tab works a treat.

soj

Founder
Same situation occuring tomorrow (Monday).

0X.com.au and 0R.com.au on offer - though no bids as yet.

If a strikethrough is not possible, how about if there was a small comment in brackets to the side if possible (0=Zero)? There seems to be room.

Mark

Top Contributor
Another batch of no reserve domains in the AMA today - 52 to go, 12 are already on the market (received bids) and will sell at 2:30pm:

0M.com.au
0N.com.au
2P.com.au
6F.com.au
7H.com.au
8W.com.au
9S.com.au
BestFinancialPlanners.com.au
Bju.com.au
Bku.com.au
BlackMarlin.com.au
BrisbaneBadCreditLoans.com.au
CallCenterStaff.com.au
CanberraHomeLoan.net.au
CashSameDay.com.au
CelebGossip.com.au
Cyk.com.au
DirectCredit.net.au
Dku.com.au
Ecx.com.au
Eez.com.au
FashionFormEn.com.au
Financial-Advisor.net.au
FreeApps.com.au
FreeUpload.com.au
G5.com.au
Gyl.com.au
Ikw.com.au
Iox.com.au
Jau.com.au
Kur.com.au
LandPackage.com.au
Lrk.com.au
LunchOrder.com.au
ManagedHostingService.com.au
MarketAnalysis.com.au
MortgageRateComparison.com.au
NoCreditCheckPaydayLoan.com.au
NoCreditCheckPaydayLoans.com.au
PaydayLoanBrisbane.com.au
PhoneUnlocking.com.au
Retirement-Planner.com.au
SettlementLoan.com.au
ShortTermCredit.com.au
SilverBuyer.com.au
SoftwareApps.com.au
SydneyPaydayLoan.com.au
WaterproofMp3.com.au
YogaInstructors.com.au
YogaLessons.com.au
Zzzz.com.au

https://www.netfleet.com.au/aftermarket-auctions

Cheers
Mark

Scott.L

Top Contributor
"DAMN IT" -

Have you ever felt rage when loosing at auction on a domain?...I got distracted in the last few seconds on the AMA and missed a domain name I've been wanting for years...

neddy

Top Contributor
"DAMN IT" -

Have you ever felt rage when loosing at auction on a domain?...I got distracted in the last few seconds on the AMA and missed a domain name I've been wanting for years...

Frustrating indeed. Been there; done that - as many of us have.

Today I just put in a proxy bid of what I was prepared to pay, and just waited it out. And was lucky.

So one of us could expect an enquiry sometime soon? ;)

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Today I just put in a proxy bid of what I was prepared to pay, and just waited it out. And was lucky.

Yeah, I regret not placing a proxy in the last few seconds ..next time I'll simply spook the shit out of buy side rather than trying to be cheap.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member