1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Affiliate Marketing Roadmap

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing' started by Synozeer, May 12, 2011.

1. Synozeer

Synozeer Membership: Community

Hi all,

Ned asked me to sign up to his great forum and repost this post I had made on another forum, so here we are. Feel free to ask any questions.

I've been making my livelihood from affiliate marketing for 4 years. There is a ton of money to be made (in my opinion and experience, way more than domaining), but the methods aren't as simple as just building minisites when your good domains. You can/will make money that way, but the real bank is with paid advertising via PPC, media buys, PPV (pay per view), etc.

Basically, you find offers to promote, set up landing pages (which are like minisites but totally optimized to make the sale rather than provide a helpful user experience that you hope turns into an Adsense click or a sale). Then you research keywords, create ads, and test every aspect of the traffic, from the source, ad copy, keyword and match type, elements of the landing page, sales funnel, etc.

It's a semi-steep learning curve, and you will fail more times than succeed. But when you find a winning campaign, you focus on that and expand with more keywords and more traffic sources. Then you start over again with new campaigns.

Some successful campaigns are kind of like parked domains -- they don't require a lot of upkeep other than keeping your advertising funded, and they pay you for the traffic that's being sent to them.

Here's a good newbie guy on getting started with affiliate marketing:
    http://www.nickycakes.com/newbie-guide/

2. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks for posting this Adam - great info - particularly old "NickyCakes".

3. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks for posting. Do you make the landing pages yourself or do you buy them?

4. iejs

iejs Membership: VIP

Great post.

Thanks for the info. The link has some great pointers.

5. Synozeer

Synozeer Membership: Community

I usually hire someone to design landing pages for me. You can usually get one done for $60-$100 each. If one of the landing pages works out well for me I'll often reuse it again for some other campaign (if the design works with the new niche).

6. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

Is this "someone" willing to take on new clients? I'm on the look out for a new web designer.

Do you have any examples of landing pages that have worked well for you?