What's new

Affiliate Marketing - Questions re setting up

shags38

Top Contributor
Not sure if this should be on this forum let alone in this thread.

I have an e-commerce site that I want to further develop and market through setting up affiliates.

With Zencart which I use as the e-commerce platform I can set up an Affiliate plug-in so the programming is not an issue.

Rather than have the affiliates place some of my product randomly on their sites I was thinking of trying the Amazon concept (?) of supplying them with a "complete store" - all stores would be on my server and they simply publish via upload.

I am uncertain as to how to set up the Domain / URLs - would Sub Domains be better than Folders from an overall SEO viewpoint and particularly Google duplication interpretations. Each store will obviously have the same content however will be "tailored" to the individuals requirements. Also I would like to use one SSL certificate to cover all the "stores".

So what method would work best?

cheers,
Mike

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
This is called a White Label site, so I'd do a bit of research on the best way to implement that.

TBH I don't think SEO is really an issue here. The duplicate content will more likely be your affiliates problem than yours.

shags38

Top Contributor
This is called a White Label site, so I'd do a bit of research on the best way to implement that.

TBH I don't think SEO is really an issue here. The duplicate content will more likely be your affiliates problem than yours.

Many thanks for the response and advice about researching White Label - I found a great article on SeoMoz that covered it all.

cheers,
Mike

jackmedia

Another way to do it is affiliate feed syndication. This is typically much easier than launching a white label and will gain more traction with affiliates as many will wish to display your feed content within their own design of their site instead of a white label plugin.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member