What's new

Adwords Keyword Tool Results

Timmy

Banned
Hey guys,

I have my eye on about 100 or so new domains...

The trouble is, the google keyword tool seems to give me different results every day - and not just a few digits here and there, I am talking irregularities in the thousands.

An example a domain that I registered a little while back - www.smallbusinessforum.com.au

Before the purchase I entered the keywords into https://adwords.google.com.au/select/KeywordToolExternal and got numbers similar to the following:

Broad - "19,600"
Exact - "9,600"
Phrase - "11,200"

3 or 4 days later I get;

Broad - "260"
Exact - "91"
Phrase - "170"
---

I realise that using adwords.google.COM and COM.AU returns different results but I have consistently been using .com.au.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday checking keywords and availability, and then today before registering the 100 or so domains I thought I would just check again - and the results are a fraction of what they were yesterday.

Cheers,

Tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
my search had the lower as well ?

i left a gap between words , it had 260 monthly (dec) and 6,600 global searches

and a good advertiser competition

i guess you can only work with what you have ??? the rest may be gut feelings

regarding the name you showed , it's a winner so just keep em like that !

Timmy

Banned
Thanks Spacey,

Yeah, I am developing the site and not overly concerned with the traffic to it from organic searches. I have some contributors lined up for the forum and we should be able to grow the community fairly quickly once there is some content and we advertise a little.

I was mainly asking because I get excited when I see domains that have an 'exact' local search volume of more than 30,000 that are available for registration, and am wary that they too will drop dramatically.

I guess instead of doing 100 at a time I could just register 10 or so and see what happens.

Rhythm

Top Contributor
I'm having the same sort of LSV volatility as Timmy, but over a longer timeline.

I have a keyphrase that, for the 11 months preceding Feb 2010, had an average LSV of at least 200k. For Feb however, it's dropped to 18k as you can see below:

Any one experienced the same? I'm sort of puzzled.

Last edited:

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
If you are really in the niche marketing business.... guys PLEASE invest in the best Australian Software EVERY MADE

MarketSamurai -> the most important tool in my Arsenal.
(I'm not related with the company)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member