What's new

Acquisition by Trellian (Drop.com.au)

DomainShield

Top Contributor
Dear DNTraders,

As you might have already heard Domain Shield has been acquired by Trellian who had already acquired Drop.com.au last February.

I am very excited to be rejoining the drop.com.au team to ensure the future success of not just drop catching but to help oversee the opportunity for growth with their Above.com Domain Portfolio Manager and Marketplace products.

In the words of Trellian's CEO David Warmuz "After our Drop.com.au acquisition we quickly realized that there was one key component missing: .au drop catch know how. We could learn and fine tune, but this would take months or years. Or we could partner with someone that obviously has the missing piece. So having someone like Anthony Peake (DomainShield.com.au CEO) on board just made sense. I am eager to see what the future holds and I look forward to working with Anthony on reviving the Drop.com.au drop catch platform."

My phone number stays the same as before and I am happy to answer calls and help where I can.

I will also start adding my name to posts that come from Domain Shield or Drop so you can tell who is taking part in the various discussions.

- Anthony Peake

DomainShield

Top Contributor
Thanks for the all the congratulations here, via phone and via email. It has been a busy week so I've not had time to answer everyone personally yet but I do plan to. I am also keen to hear some ideas on what works best on the two platforms so I can try to incorporate your ideas.
I'll start up a new thread in the Drop section next week, so perhaps have a think about it over the weekend. I personally think fondly on the exciting days of fully public auctions with lots of eyes watching the final bids come in and then the caught/not caught results appearing in real time. I think we used to have about 300 watchers and about 50 logged in users watching the daily drops in Drop's prime.

- Anthony

Shane

Top Contributor
I personally think fondly on the exciting days of fully public auctions with lots of eyes watching the final bids come in and then the caught/not caught results appearing in real time.
Congrats Anthony, and I couldn't agree more with your above comment. :D

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members