What's new

accommodation website

jhellyer

Top Contributor
Hi All,

Just wanted to get some feedback on an idea I have to develop a site for the accommodation industry.

I have the domains accommodationtv.com & .com.au and would like to develop a site that allows accommodation complexes to show not just pics but short promo videos highlighting their facilities etc along with the standard ability to book rooms etc. I won't go into it to much but I am sure you get the jist.....

Am I batting out of my league? lol Any thoughts would be so very greatly appreciated :eek:

snoopy

Top Contributor
Am I batting out of my league? lol Any thoughts would be so very greatly appreciated :eek:

Definitely, have seen many people try this kind of idea on .tv domains, hotels won't just upload videos, you'll have to shoot it or approach them yourself.

It costs a bomb to run a site like this and at the end of the day the business model is still weak. Here is the key question in my view, why would consumers seek out a site like this? Why would hotels add videos to it?

Consumers will likely go to trip advisor or similar (searching by location) and then do more research on the specific hotel.

findtim

Top Contributor
accom is a tough deal but as for video on website its a GOER, i'll state i don't know much about it but heres my first steps into it with one of my sites.

simply getting the client to use youtube and i take the embed code into the page.

not sure if this gives you some ideas but its really easy

http://www.baybrides.com.au/directory/listings/45/David-Freund-Photography

YES, this is a slideshow but the technique is the same and it doesn't use MY bandwidth.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member