1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

ABS DDOS

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by findtim, Aug 10, 2016.

1. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    gov closes census website ! , it was bound to happen, all the hype about privacy gets proven to be almost impossible to secure.
    we signed up and then saved and exited before filling anything out, this way we had "attempted" to complete, i honestly had a gut feeling this morning something? was going to happen and thus it did.
    so as far as the gov is concerned " i tried" but got cut off.
    we signed in again @ 10pm and got a message the site was " busy " so we went to bed.
    yippee.
    i'll give them general info but not the colour of my undies !!
    tim

2. Cooper Mills DomainLawyer

Cooper Mills DomainLawyer Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Tim, change the title of this thread, there was no hack, it was simply 4 DDOS attacks

3. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    chris , how do i alter the title?

i hear completing is extended till the 23/8/16 now
    tim

4. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

Pigs arse it was a ddos. It was just the entire population trying to get in at the same time. TBH if I was the dev/host I would have told the stake holders the same thing. lol

Bacon Farmer likes this.
  5. Bacon Farmer

Bacon Farmer Membership: VIP

The ABS couldn't organise a chook raffle but sure I'll trust them with my personal data.

6. Honan

Honan Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hands up if you believe the government does not already have all your personal data

7. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    thats what i said to helena, if the police have it, the tax office does,the electorial role have it and THEY both say its all private that should mean they don't share.
    so if you don't do it how are they going to fine you? where will they get your name from?
    and if they can then whats stopping them from sharing.
    its all BS bigbrother.
    ----------
    i'm doing a green house so researching planting etc on youtube, there is a big thing over there now where they want to ban people from growing there on vegs etc, and swapping seeds !!
    they are saying "we need to." ( sound familiar ) so people don't eat bad vegs !!!!!!!!!!!

tim

8. Suzabro

Suzabro Administrator

I’ve just PM’d you Tim :)