What's new

A new drop catcher

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
*If* there was another drop catcher (hypothetically of course)... what would it take to move you to that platform? Looking into my crystal ball ;) I see it on the horizon.
  • Transparent bids.
  • Low COR costs.
  • Low renewal fees.
Interested to hear some thoughts on this.

Joel

Top Contributor
I wouldn't necessarily move to that platform, but I'd certainly use it if it won domains! I don't use any drop catchers for domain management (ie. dns, forwarding, parking).

Being able to bid on behalf of another entity would be a very handy feature.

Low costs are always a winner :)

James

Top Contributor
Success Rate is important, I signed up to Domain Shield/ paid for sign up. Used it a few times and never seem to get the domains, one time I thought I won someone else seemed to place a high level bid at the last minute and I was at a meeting. Been busy and not having time to use these platforms as well.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
*If* there was another drop catcher (hypothetically of course)... what would it take to move you to that platform? Looking into my crystal ball ;) I see it on the horizon.
  • Transparent bids.
  • Low COR costs.
  • Low renewal fees.
Interested to hear some thoughts on this.
When are you going live :)

Shane

Top Contributor
As mentioned already, success rate is number one. No point having all the other benefits if the platform can't snap the names.

DomainShield

Top Contributor
Success Rate is important, I signed up to Domain Shield/ paid for sign up. Used it a few times and never seem to get the domains, one time I thought I won someone else seemed to place a high level bid at the last minute and I was at a meeting. Been busy and not having time to use these platforms as well.
James,
Success rate is most important and as per our signup promise I am happy to refund you if you feel our catch rate in respect to your specific domains of interest is too low, just drop me an SMS or email. I am confident that our overall success rate is high enough that we provide a valuable service to a vast majority of our clients. So far I have only processed one refund and a week later they came back and signed up again so, touch wood, I have not had any dissatisfied customers so far.

With regards to having time to make offers around lunch time, the Domain Shield system is designed as a set and forget type system. The idea being anyone going one level higher than you is already offering double what you offered and if you theoretically had to be making a counter offer (which is very rare) then you are considering making an offer four times higher than your origional offer in which case you have to have had an unrealistic expectations of the current wholesale value of the domain to start with.

I know you are probably aware of this already James but for everyone else it might also be worth clearing up a few misconceptions about Domain Shield's service.
1) You can already secure a bid for another entity (you chose the ABN/ACN on a per order basis). You can easily change the contact details yourself afterwards on a per domain basis too.
2) You can put orders in between 24 and 48 hours in advance of the drop zone (making weekends a little easier)
3) We have zero transparency. This is not a misconception but it is worth also considering the value of not having any data published in the long run. It turns out that most successful domainers are buying and selling into niches either in which they have existing clients or where they have had success in the past. Having other domainers pitch to your clients (by looking for whois changes on your prior purchases) is a distinct disadvantage.

findtim

Top Contributor
if you didn't win on domain shield because of your bid BUT domain shield won the domain then that IS success......... just not yours IMO

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members