What's new

A Good Idea?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I wonder what your views are about this online business, I came across a site called SpreadShirts/Com/Au and basically you can buy and sell T-shirts. The product is always popular and there are heaps of different designs, I did like the fact that you can also sell your own designs. Seems like a cool idea ......any thoughts on this online business model

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
So you are saying the black banana t-shirt is not the way to go?
~
I am also looking at it from an interactive point of view, artists can get their stuff out there by using this sales platform, I haven't looked into yet but they offer a "own store option" Seems like a way to do fashion design without holding any stock

snoopy

Top Contributor
I think this has been done many many times, e.g. cafepress where people could do their own design and start selling it, it has been around for 15 years.

I don't think this is going to work unless someone has a brand/ability to market their design already. For example it might work for a school raising funds or a band with existing fans. For someone doing a design without a customer base it is just too easy to set up as a business and buyers have a million other choices.

findtim

Top Contributor
my 6yr old is in auskick and its REALLYYYYY hard to find gear for him !!, everything is licenced of course ( he is collingwood ) and it took us @ a month to get him proper shorts and even then they were $30 !!!! for a 6yr old !!!
the footy shirt was an easy find but NOT CHEAP, and basically its a black and white stripped shirt !!!!, throw a logo on it that nobody sees and add $30
i'd register a domain called " thisisnotcollingwoodmerchandise.com.au" and just sell black and white shirts, hats, shorts, scarves and you will make a motsa

or even better " thisisnotAFLmerchandise.com.au" and sell blackandwhite, blueandwhite, redandwhite, redblackanadwhite, etcccccc
as who the F actually looks at the logo ???????
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members