What's new

75 dot au domains

rwdotau

Hi,
This is my first post in this forum. I have read some helpful posts which gave me some confidence to post here. Please be nice.
I have 75 newly listed dot au domains and ideally I am looking to bulk sell all 75 at once at 200$ each.
Please advise if this is too high/too low, just trying to make some living off it.
Can share full list but for now all I can say is these are two word catchy generic names such as rideshare, topcar, car collect (these are similar not exact names).

Horshack

Top Contributor
I'm not sure you are going to find any takers at this early stage. Maybe in a few years if the extension does well.

rwdotau

Thank you Horshack. I have researched more and have given this bit more thought.
Also tried filtering all domains I have into 3 tiers, with these being the low priority due to two words in domain names.
After much consideration, I'd like to update this post to say I have total of 130 direct do au domains some really nice names.
And I am willing to give away for 50$ each provided someone buys bulk, thats around $6,500 for 130 dot au domain names.
Let's see. I don't mind holding them off for couple of more years and keep paying registration fee etc, as they are not just random names.
Having this said, I believe someone more techy in this space will surely be able to sell these names higher than 50$, people who run software houses etc. I am not that guy, just grabbed some names and after some profits.
Let me dop an example and maybe I can get some guidance if 50$ each is a good price or not: localstore.au

trellian

Top Contributor
Hi,

Many Drop clients have invested with the long game in mind.

If you plan to just sell to another investor in bulk, then yes those sort of prices might work, but I doubt right now would be a good time as most have tapped their budgets out, so wait a few months when they get a few more sales done and cash back up, that is if they get enough sales.

I know that Nathan has already closed around 20 sales in 3 days of .au of names picked up from the 4 Oct drop, and is working dozens of other leads. Plus looking at offers in Above, every day new offers are being placed, so there is definitely a demand for some names.

If trying to sell individually, which a lot of Drop and Above clients are doing, I would suggested that you price these domains much higher. No domain should be sold for less than $250 IMOH, as the amount of work to do a COR is just much. Even with systems like Above.com where the sales fee is 10% or 15% if brokered, that automate the COR as much as possible, we do not like to do any sale for less than the US$200 AUD$250 price point as that only leaves $25 commission and for that not really worth the time to chase the buyer for ABN/ACN details to complete the COR.

So suggesting is, if you want to do a quick flip, wait a month or two and post the list to potential buyers, but in the mean time park them and list them all for sale and see if you get any offers come in.

rwdotau

Thanks Treliian for your detailed reply, I was reading your other posts and wanted to send a message but looks like this functionality is not avialable on my account yet. Anyway, thanks heaps, yes I really grabbed some more good names and I am feeling happy, not sure if it is worth it but the process of thinking about names and doing some research etc for worth it for 12$ domain names. Looks like I am looking forward to delve into this venture as a side hustle. Cheers.

trellian

Top Contributor
PM will be activated once your forum status updates to trusted. So that will happen soon.

FYI most names picked up on the 4th Oct were for only $10 each via the Drop auctions, because there were soo many that became available on a single day and that there was no full drop list, it means that even now there are still great domains able to be hand regged.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member