What's new

74 per cent of small Australian businesses do not have a website

snoopy

Top Contributor
For a lot of small business it probably isn't very important, eg the average milkbar, service station, bread shop, small cafe, fish and chip shop they don't really need a website. A phone number is an online directory is probably enough.

I think it is pretty big issue though for restaurants, hotels, especially the type of businesses that people will want to contact in advance and business where the customer is likely to do research on before choosing.

Agree with the story about the construction area, a lot of builders for examples are almost impossible to find unless you write down there phone number when you see a sign. If you just remember the name it is very difficult.

sooner

It would be interesting to see how they got that data, seems way too high for me. If they are using company registrations that data can be very misleading. And how did they establish they were Australian websites? So many Aussie websites are hosted overseas and many businesses use the .com not the .com.au.

James

Top Contributor
This is very interesting, I think every one needs a website I have seen a service station with a keyword rich domain on the north shore, looks really sleek imo.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member