What's new

6 moths rule for com.au transfers

Markz

Was the ’6 month rule’ [prevented the sale of a newly registered domain name until the expiration of 6 months from the date of registration] abolished in November or not?
I'm new to the industry and this is very unclear to me.
Thanks.

Mark

Markz

:) And I can not edit it. Let it be '6 moths' then.
So the '6 moths rule' is not there any more and I can buy a com.au and sell it straight away?
Thanks.

brettf

Ermm ... you can't register for the sole purpose of resale. So try not to be Captain Obvious and you'll be ok.

soj

Founder
Ermm ... you can't register for the sole purpose of resale. So try not to be Captain Obvious and you'll be ok.

Good point that Brett raises.

This was discussed in depth on this thread: http://www.dntrade.com.au/approaching-end-users-sell-au-t4347.html

This is part of what I wrote then:

However, if you continuously buy domains one day and try and flog them the next day (and come to auDA's attention), then you may well
fall foul of their provision: "a registrant may not register a domain name for the sole purpose of resale or transfer to another entity".

Having said that, auDa are not mind readers; and secondly, people's circumstances change all the time. What may have seemed like a good
acquisition a few weeks back could become "no longer required" because of other projects or circumstances.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member