What's new

50 Highly Competitive SEO Keywords.

Mark

Top Contributor
I don't get it. You're saying 'click here' is the most competitive SEO keyword?

A simple Google search for the phrase shows 0 advertisers - doesn't look too competitive to me?

Or am I missing the point?

James

Top Contributor
I don't get it. You're saying 'click here' is the most competitive SEO keyword?

A simple Google search for the phrase shows 0 advertisers - doesn't look too competitive to me?

Or am I missing the point?

The problem is with "Click Here" you have 1000's of high authority websites which target this specific term by mistake on pages or by anchor text.

Say for example 1000 sites link to a government site with the anchor text click here, you then have the on page targeting click here.

Mark

Top Contributor
I would have thought Google has the intelligence to not credit a site be linked to with a keyword as nondescript as 'click here', but to credit it with the subject matter of the text the link surrounds, and on target page.

I just don't agree that it is easier to rank for 'real estate', 'credit cards' or 'flights', than it is for 'click here'

James

Top Contributor
I would have thought Google has the intelligence to not credit a site be linked to with a keyword as nondescript as 'click here', but to credit it with the subject matter of the text the link surrounds, and on target page.

I just don't agree that it is easier to rank for 'real estate', 'credit cards' or 'flights', than it is for 'click here'

This analysis surrounds around the Keyword Difficulty Tool metrics am I saying use this only as a basis for keywords? No, yet for this analysis this is what we were using for that research.

I agree with what you are saying 100%.

Similar to this post here: http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/the-25-absolute-most-difficult-keywords-to-rank-for-an-seo-nightmare

I don't really like this post but I made it 2 months ago, very late one night...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo