What's new

42,321 domains sold in March

marketingweb

Top Contributor
Personally i've always been surprised by how many people will buy a domain that's something like goodkeywordsonline.com because goodkeywords.com is taken. I guess it sort of makes sense for a few reasons, but it looks so lame.

Matt <---- Has no domains with the word online in them!

DavidL

Top Contributor
Search terms with the word 'online' in them are often higher volume than you might think so that might contribute

findtim

Top Contributor
Personally i've always been surprised by how many people will buy a domain that's something like goodkeywordsonline.com because goodkeywords.com is taken. I guess it sort of makes sense for a few reasons, but it looks so lame.

Matt <---- Has no domains with the word online in them!

i have 2 which include "online" and i also think its lame :) but my reason for purchasing was simply so nobody else had it.

often the value is not in the domain but the loss you could potentially have from a similar domain being owned by someone else.

now this is an exponential minefield as we know but within reason a "circular" approach to the domains you CARE about isn't such a bad thing.

my end marketing strategy is to bundle these domains into the final sale which i think then makes them very worthy of registering.

so if you have something of value then pick up the .net.au , pick up the plurals ( if its logical) as well and combined you have a winning offer.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member