What's new

3DWebsiteHosting.com.au

snoopy

Top Contributor
Yeah, you guys are right - its foolish to consider any investment as guaranteed, after all the odds of actually getting it right are stacked against you...there's really no point trying to find any niche out there... there's no point to domaining at all because all the rich guys have the good keyword domains, i would need to win the lottery just to afford one good domain...right?

creation date for 3D.com is 2004 - http://whois.domaintools.com/3d.com

Exact local monthly searches for 3D in Australia = 3600 not 1000

Buying lottery tickets is not an investment. I wouldn't call buying a whole lot of names that have no real market an investment either. If there is no likelihood of making a profit I would call that gambling. It isn't worth doing because the more "tickets" you buy the greater the chance of losing money.

Now some people might think some of us are negative because we are poo-pooing the idea of registering 2000 3d names but this has all been done before, nobody has ever registered thousands of theme names like that and made money from it, not that I have ever heard of anyway. These people just come and go, they are in the industry for 12-24 months and then they disappear, off to do something else.

The problem is that people just go off and register anything, it takes real work to find a good domain. If someone finds hundreds, or even dozens of names in one niche to register that is a very bad sign in my view, it means they are setting the quality bar extremely low.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
I agree snoopy - it takes time and effort to find premium domains, i lucked out today at the drop.com.au auction for celebrant.com.au by $7, i am guttered but "if" I had of just put in a proxy of $1300 it would of possibly won; that's the real gamble its not registering hundred of domains without meaning - I do believe that 3D will have its day but it will be fleeting like someone here said of 3g -

I'm not 100% sure what shags wants other than that day when a small window can open for a decent sale - 3Dwebsitehosting.com.au is not a domain name I'd be registering and i think allot of people agree with that sentiment - sometimes someone just needs to contest the poo-pooing, if you know what i mean.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I agree snoopy - it takes time and effort to find premium domains, i lucked out today at the drop.com.au auction for celebrant.com.au by $7, i am guttered but "if" I had of just put in a proxy of $1300 it would of possibly won; that's the real gamble its not registering hundred of domains without meaning - I do believe that 3D will have its day but it will be fleeting like someone here said of 3g -

I don't think 3g ever had it day. Around the year 2000-2002 a lot of people were speculating in it, I can't remember any significant sales coming out of it. There was some small sales, but not much. Even the much talked about daddy of them all, 3g.com, never found a home beyond the hands of domainers.

The technology is mainstream now, but there is no reason for companies to a pay a premium for 99.9% of what was registered.

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Anyone notice that the following 3d domains are in the drop today?

3dArt.com.au
3dNet.com.au
3dScreens.com.au

Andrew

snoopy

Top Contributor
Ironic that they are far better than most of what we have seen on the forums and still they are not even worth $1 on the drop.

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Ironic that they are far better than most of what we have seen on the forums and still they are not even worth $1 on the drop.

Indeed - I was interested to see if they got any bids -doesn't even look as though anyone wants to pick them up at reg fee.

Andrew

WG2010

Archived Member
Michael Bolton approves this thread!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics