What's new

3d mobile phones

snoopy

Top Contributor
The idea of a 3d phone sounds like gimmick to me, surely this is technology that needs a large screen to have visual impact? In my view it is a bit like trying to put surround sound into a mobile device, why?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
if you go to 3dphones you will see a picture at the bottom of the site which displays one possible option for bigger screens for phones

Are you saying people would use a gimmick to sell stuff to us ..........say it's not true !!

montecristo

Top Contributor
I think the technology breakthrough (in regards to mobile phones) will be the ability for users to record footage/photos in a 3d format from their phones and then display this through their 3d televisions.
Few people I know now bother using their digital cameras (if they've even bothered buying one) because the photo technology in a mobile phone has come so far.
"If" 3d tv's are oneday to become part of the norm for the majority of households, then I see 3d mobiles with an ability to capture in 3d as a natural progression. As with 3d games consoles(DS etc.) ipods, ipads etc.

The interesting thing about the article in the link was the development (albeit early stages) to view in 3d without the need for viewing glasses. Hopefully this technology will be developed to a stage where tv's won't need headsets also which could be important to the 3d television market actually taking off in the first place.

snoopy

Top Contributor
currently 457 google news results for 3d phones

expect this number to grow !

Did you actually look at the results?

"Will phones and 3D Web boost new OpenGL?"

"The app helps you find the nearest 3D theater - as well as the nearest Best Buy ... premise of encouraging users to leave their phones on during the movie."

I could only find one story mentioning "3d phones", you've found 457 new stories where they use the words "3d" and "phone" in the same story.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
the past two years of the 3d tv news articles have pretty much been the same thing and then once a 3d tv was released the category exploded, same will happen here , mostly it is the menu spoken of regarding 3d and 3d phone games but if you don't think the manufacturers scrambling to be the first to capture this market of billions of people you may be wrong

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/25565/3d-phone/

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member