What's new

301 re-direct - lift then re-apply - cycle??

shags38

Top Contributor
Here I go again asking dumb questions. Hyperthetical.

If a site A which had reasonable traffic was set as 301 redirect specifically to send traffic to site B to boost that site then after time the traffic at A reduces to insignificant levels can the 301 on site A be taken off and site A traffic rebuilt say over a period of months to its former levels (through extra SEO and lots of feeding) can the 301 be re-applied to site B for another boost and such a cycle continued - without Google penalizing either site?

In respect to why I would go down that path? - site B sits at #3 for its key search term and with lots of feeding of SEO it is not moving up to #1 or #2 and is never likely to given the owners of site(s) #1 and/or #2 so "providing traffic" is the next best thing if organic traffic is pretty much maxed and building up more referral traffic is slow, right? [Monthly Volume] is over 60k.

Any thoughts please on the question?
cheers, Mike

djuqa

Top Contributor
Leave well enough alone is my advice.
If you start fiddling and attempt to manipulate the rankings, then you risk being de-listed.
Better solution is keep adding new and varied content to the sites.

joe

Top Contributor
It'd make for an interesting experiment but unless you can afford to have one or both sites penalised I wouldn't mess about with it.

Snooks

Top Contributor
I did know a person who reputedly owned over 5000 domains, many very old and high ranking domains.

He used to sell traffic and it was $25 per thousand, though you did get deals on larger quantities. The people i knew who bought it said it converted amazingly, it was geo targetted and handpicked in your niche.

Whe i aked how it worked it was explained to me that they did a 301 direct on each url, direct to your site. The traffic was a perfect match. The traffic was delivered and when done, the site was switched back to normal and some work was done to make sure it gained strength and retained PR.

This is merely what i was told but the person that told me is known world wide in his field and i certainly wouldnt doubt him. He is reknowned as a Guru.

It sounds logical :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members