What's new

2014 .au Survey

chris

Top Contributor
Hi all, you might have already come across this, if not it's a survey by auDA and AusRegistry to help get to know more about the .au space. You can help contribute by sharing it to your audiences where possible.

The survey will be open for the next month and the report released later in the year.

Melbourne, Australia – 17 March 2014: AusRegistry and .au Domain Administration (auDA) today launched their latest survey in an ongoing commitment to understand the Australian Internet user and their relationship with the .au domain namespace.

Following the success of the 2013 survey, a benchmarking exercise which achieved over 10,000 responses, the 2014 survey aims to build on the previous year’s findings. Responses will be compared to identify any shifts in perceptions, experience and knowledge of the .au domain namespace.

George Pongas, General Manager of Registry Operations at AusRegistry, encouraged Australian Internet users to participate in the survey.

“Conducting annual surveys is a commitment that both AusRegistry and auDA have made to enhance our understanding of the Australian Internet community and its relationship with the .au namespace. It is an opportunity to assess changes in user behaviour over time as well as our performance as the Registry Operator and the regulatory body.”

He noted that a substantial industry report was produced off the back of the 2013 survey, receiving considerable industry attention.

“The response from the Internet community and our international counterparts last year was extremely gratifying, with a number of country code managers wishing to replicate similar activities. We were also invited to present the findings at the largest Internet governance and policy gathering, which was hosted by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers in Argentina last year.”

The 2014 survey is an abridged version of the previous year’s survey and aims to achieve a substantial number of responses. AusRegistry and auDA encourage interested participants to complete the survey in support of the .au namespace.

The survey is being conducted by global market research company Effective Measure and will run until the 18th of April 2014. A report will be released later this year.

The survey is available here: www.ausregistry.com.au/survey2014

nt81

Top Contributor
Survey completed.

Would be awesome if their huge dropdown lists could make use of a simple function, like a mouse scroll wheel!

findtim

Top Contributor
i found it very slow and the question were not very thrilling ! , it felt like " oh we have to do it but lets just get it over with........."

why would you not make Australia at the top of the drop down list ????

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
but the whole project is a great idea because we are now getting valuable current real world data.

but from whom ?

helena owns domains but is not a member of auda and she hasn't received a request to do a survey so auda basically are getting member feedback not domain owner feedback.

i also talked to 5 clients today and they have not received a request fill out a survey, i also asked them " do you know what auda is" and 100% no.

i dare say the results will be similar to a Malawian election.

tim

chris

Top Contributor
A few of the registrars got behind the last one and sent it to their customers, but the more the better. It's the reason why I'm posting it here.

Any research and data on the .au domain space is a good thing :)

findtim

Top Contributor
i receive emails that say i should keep my details up to date, why can't this be used for this purpose ?

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members