What's new

2012 auDA Board Elections

Hi guys

I just wanted to let you know that I will be running as a Supply Class candidate in this year's auDA Board Election.

I am the only Supply Class candidate who understands and represents the interests of our community.

If you are a Supply Class member I would appreciate your support. You can vote by completing a proxy form appointing me (which will be sent out by auDA shortly) or you can attend the AGM in Sydney on 12 November 2012 (details to follow shortly).

Anyone whois a Reseller or Registrar can join as a Supply Class member here.

I have created a website for my campaign www.ek.id.au

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions: erhan[at]ek.id.au or give me a call!

Cheers
Erhan Karabardak
Cooper Mills Lawyers

Last edited:

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Hi Erhan

when does voting end?

why only posted and faxed vote forms allowed?

Why does Auda only allow hand signed faxed or posted votes surely they if anyone should be accepting emailed versions now or some way to vote online as a logged in paying member ( ip tracked and 1 vote per member would be easy to audit since they have all members details already)

The voting forms seem to be a little hard to understand..

Can you upload a how to vote for you template ( as is legally used for Voting in local, state and federal politics).

Past campaigns showed that many promises where made by people and little was done after they where elected.... some even joined this forum asking for votes but disappeared after they won the election quickly again..

Hopefully you can change things if you finally get in.

The board seems like a bit of a "club" old member have been there for a long time and its near impossible for new people to get in who genuinely would add value to it ( such as yourself)

Good luck. You deserve the chance let's see if you get it.

visit to your website for your campaign www.ek.id.au on the website you need to upload the how to vote form and fax number"

"How to Vote

You can vote by attending the auDA AGM or you can download the proxy form here, complete it and fax it back to auDA on (03) xxxxxxxx
"

Last edited:
Thanks Domain Names I really appreciate your support. I am hoping that I can get over the line this time around, if not I will keep trying until I do. I am a very patient man :)

Yes I realise that the website doesn't have the proxy form yet as we are awaiting auDA's release of the form which should be some time this week.

As for the voting system I agree, it needs an overhauled - email or online voting would be a great idea. Also having an independent body like the AEC run the election would be ideal, and would also get rid of any perceptions people have.

As for actually voting, the easy way to do it would be to post each member a unique pin number and they could vote on an independent website using the pin number.

As for other candidates, I agree we have heard a lot from them but as soon as they get what they want they go away - I have been here for years, and win, lose or draw, I will still be on this forum. This forum is not only a domainers forum but a place where other people from the industry hang out, registrars, resellers and web developers to name a few - people who all make an important contribution and deserve to be heard.

Oh and as for voting not sure of dates just yet waiting on auDA - also the AGM is in Sydney this year (12 November 2012) so if you are an auDA member I recommend coming and raising any questions you have of the board. It is a great forum for the members to ask the burning questions.

Maybe having a drinks night on 11 November might be an idea while a few of us are in Sydney - if anyone is interested drop me a PM.

Last edited:

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
I don't know much about auDA and I'm not a member, but if there's any way I can help your cause let me know. :)

Best of luck Erhan!

Thanks guys I appreciate the support. We all need to be active to bring about positive changes and put issues on the agenda.

Joining auDA is a great way to do that, particularly to participate in Panels! Join now - if you have a reseller account with a registrar you can join as a supply class member, if you are an individual you can join as a demand class member - more information here.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
If you are serious about your domain names then you all need to join auda as a member and vote for Erhan. He is one of the very few who value the domainers and domain owners & domain Investors interests.

http://www.auda.org.au/membership/membership-overview/

auDA Membership

Membership of auDA is open to all stakeholders of the Australian domain name system.

Membership entitles you to vote at General Meetings of auDA (see clause 16.1 of the auDA Constitution).

Membership Classes

There are two classes of auDA membership:
1.Supply Class - for domain name industry participants (registry operators, registrars and resellers)
2.Demand Class - for domain name holders (registrants), internet users and the general public

The classes are defined in clauses 9.3-9.6 of the auDA Constitution.

Membership Fees

The one-off membership entrance fees are as follows:
•Supply Class - $110 (GST inc)
•Demand Class - $22 (GST inc).

The annual membership fees are as follows:
•Supply Class - $110 (GST inc)
•Demand Class - $22 (GST inc).

Fees may be paid by mail (cash or cheque) or by direct deposit.

Membership Applications

To apply to become an auDA member, please download and complete the auDA Membership Form and follow the instructions for lodgement. Please note that the form must be accompanied by payment of the membership entrance fee.

http://www.auda.org.au/pdf/auda-membership-form.pdf

Applications for membership must be approved by the auDA Board (see clause 9.9 of the auDA Constitution).

On receipt of your application form and entrance fee, your application will be submitted for approval at the next scheduled meeting of the auDA Board.

Please Note: Cut-off for receipt of application and payment for submission to next scheduled Board meeting is 7 calendar days prior. Applications and payments received after the cut-off date will be submitted to the following scheduled Board meeting.

If for any reason your membership application is rejected, the entrance fee will be refunded in full.

When your membership has been approved, your name will be added to the List of auDA Members.

Membership Renewals

The membership year runs 1 June to 31 May.

Invoices for annual membership renewals are sent by email on 1 May, with payment due by 31 May.

All queries about auDA membership should be emailed to membership@auda.org.au.

neddy

Top Contributor
I wanted to get on the record and urge any one who is a "Supply Class" member to vote for Erhan Karabardak.

He is a great guy, and a wonderful supporter of domain owners and resellers / service providers. He has done a lot for our industry,
and he has always been consistent in his view points. He is not one of those people that will say anything in order to get elected.

Best wishes Erhan!

Cheers, Ned

neddy

Top Contributor
Demand Class Election

There are three candidates for two positions.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr is a "serial director" of auDA who has not been a friend to domainers. In fact, I know several people who have tried to contact her
(as our elected representative), and have never even had the courtesy of a reply. I am one of those people.

She has been in for 10 years - imho we need a change.

David Cake - I do not know anything about David, so perhaps someone else can comment?

Stuart Benjamin - for what it is worth, I was one of the people who urged Stuart to run for election. I have been on this years auDA Advisory Panel with him,
and imho he is a great guy, and someone who would represent us well.

He is approachable; has a sense of humour; is a self-employed entrepreneur - and is not afraid to take auDA to task as and when required. Importantly though,
he is a good communicator and well respected by all sides, and presents points of view coherently and positively.

So personally, I'm only casting one vote this election, and it will be for Stuart.

--------------------------

Candidates profiles can be read here: http://www.auda.org.au/pdf/2012AGMDirectorNominationCandidateStatements.pdf

StuartB

auDA Demand

Thanks Ned - appreciate the support for this Election - and on the auDA Panel this year.

I suspect that if it wasn't for yourself, myself and Erhan there could have been major changes that would have impacted on our community.

auDA shutting down Dropping for example!!

DomainNames

Top Contributor
why does it seem to be so hard for people to vote. It's surprising to see australias " peak body" using fax and mail still isnt it??

is it done on purpose to make it hard?

Auda knows who the registered members are and if they are financial surely there is on online way for members to vote via a login or email back their vote from the members registered email address etc as an added option to post and fax ( do they still sell fax machines?)

electronically Signed pdfs etc are legally valid so why doesnt auda accept the votes signed and emailed in as an option?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_signature

In many countries, including the United States, the European Union and Australia, electronic signatures (when recognised under the law of each jurisdiction) have the same legal consequences as the more traditional forms of executing of documents.

Many issues keep getting raised each year but nothing seems to improve........

StuartB

AuDAOnline voting

It would require a consitution change - but that isnt hard.

Online voting seems to work well for the big end of town - BHP, NAB etc all use the Computershare service called www.investorvote.com.au

Thanks Chris

If you missed out in getting you proxy form in by today's 5pm deadline, you will need to attend the AGM on Monday in order to vote.

Details are:

Date: Monday 12 November 2012
Time: 4.00pm
Venue: Maddocks, 123 Angel Place, Sydney

All auDA members are welcome to attend.

neddy

Top Contributor
Does anyone have any questions they want raised at the AGM which is being held on Monday?

If you do, you can either post here; or if you prefer; please PM me or email ned at fussy dot com - au.

Erhan and Stuart will be there as candidates; and I am also attending. I have some questions I will be asking.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Does anyone have any questions they want raised at the AGM which is being held on Monday?

If you do, you can either post here; or if you prefer; please PM me or email ned at fussy dot com - au.

Erhan and Stuart will be there as candidates; and I am also attending. I have some questions I will be asking.

Hey Neddy your getting a few nice names these days! well done on your domain name investing success

DomainNames

Top Contributor
It would require a consitution change - but that isnt hard.

Online voting seems to work well for the big end of town - BHP, NAB etc all use the Computershare service called www.investorvote.com.au

This needs to be raised at this meeting, . They easily can let people vote with an online link to their members email address and a login. It can be done easily

This will also stop aufa voiding some voting forms for various reasons as they have chosen to do in the past which has concerned many

chris

Top Contributor

Thanks for the offer Ned.

I'd like to wish Erhan and Stuart all the best for tomorrow, they've been the only candidates that have personally got in touch with me.

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks Chris!

Also thanks to everyone for their support, and well wishes I have received over the past week!

I will keep everyone posted. There will be a DNTrade contingent there tomorrow as well, if you are an auDA member come along for the AGM and a drink afterwards!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member