What's new

2 word domains

findtim

Top Contributor
i find any sensible person , even one that is just new to buying a domain, may ask me for a 1 word keyword domain to get for "handreg" LOL, but i have never really had to explain it in lenght as i just say " i'll look but it will be taken, maybe available so would you like to pay a premium"?
i'd say 95% straight up say "ok, 2 words then" , without any hassles.
So tonight i'm looking for a 2 word handreg domain for a client, it is simply amazing how much choice i have, names that are sensible, pass the radio test, really say what he does and would be easy to brand.
i have a list of 20 within 30 minutes for a reasonably competitive vertical and there are no "the....." or ".....online" etc or geo in the list.

so why do we need another extension?

tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor
i find any sensible person , even one that is just new to buying a domain, may ask me for a 1 word keyword domain to get for "handreg" LOL, but i have never really had to explain it in lenght as i just say " i'll look but it will be taken, maybe available so would you like to pay a premium"?
i'd say 95% straight up say "ok, 2 words then" , without any hassles.
So tonight i'm looking for a 2 word handreg domain for a client, it is simply amazing how much choice i have, names that are sensible, pass the radio test, really say what he does and would be easy to brand.
i have a list of 20 within 30 minutes for a reasonably competitive vertical and there are no "the....." or ".....online" etc or geo in the list.

so why do we need another extension?

tim
The proposed additional .au extensions was a scam to make money by certain parties including some aUDA board members who stand to gain massive profits from it. They have been caught out with Yes Only Vote survey stacking, False press releases and propaganda campaigns with a lot of facts missed out etc.

My gut feeling is we may even see another person or two leave auDA and the auDA board soon due to this mess they in many ways have been a part of.

There is NO need for another Australian domain name extension. Supply people such as Ausregistry, Melbourne IT etc need to stop the promotion of it and false calls it is needed. Both are on the auDA board and should not have pushed it through which is a clear conflict of interest.

Ausregistry, Auda, Melbourne IT and some others in supply such as registrars, IP lawyers will make a lot of money if the additional unneeded proposed .au extension comes in.....

There are 3 million existing Australian domain name registrants. They have not been contacted or offered the survey and vote.Why not? auDA and Ausregistry have the database!

The survey was a scam

findtim

Top Contributor
domainnames "Melbourne IT's pricing seems to have stayed just as expensive as it was back then! Obviously with a person on the auDA board they have a vested interest in any form of policy which makes them money whether it is for the benefit of their customers or not" (quote from different thread)

not only that but it would be good business not to promote auda AND THUS auda membership as people would start learning that MIT $147.00 is not a fair price for a domain name registration.
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members