What's new

2 Letter .net.au Domains

snoopinc

Is there any value in 2 letter .net.au domains?

I have seen most of the 2 letter .com.au domains to be taken if not all gone.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
surely all the LL .com.au's are gone ?

so the next step is the .net.au

i think ww.net.au and vv.net.au are for sale on netfleet

although NN are rarer 00-99 only

DavidL

Top Contributor
There is definitely value in ll.net.au's. All have been registered (I think) and this little niche is a rare area in the .AU market where have been enough domainer to domainer sales to get an idea of wholesale pricing.

Sales on Netfleet so far:

ir.net.au - $100
dl.net.au - $200
af.net.au - $70
ct.net.au - $170
33.net.au - $150

Whilst none are spectacular if you assume the buyers have paid a transfer cost of around $100 on average, and based on this admittedly tiny sample, you could argue that the average value of an LL.net.au is around $200-$250.

So possibly up to a 10-fold return on a $25 investment 2 years ago (when they were freely available to register)... not too bad at all.

Ross

Top Contributor
yeh, i guess there is a niche industry for buying and selling 2 letter .net domain names... although even if you make $200 from the process, it still is not that much when you take into account all the time you've spent in promoting, negotiating, and transferring the domain name.

So i guess it would be a high volume, relatively low margin business.

Any ideas about the worth of the 2 letter .com.au?

eg

ir.com.au
dl.com.au
af.com.au
ct.com.au

DavidL

Top Contributor
yeh, i guess there is a niche industry for buying and selling 2 letter .net domain names... although even if you make $200 from the process, it still is not that much when you take into account all the time you've spent in promoting, negotiating, and transferring the domain name.

So i guess it would be a high volume, relatively low margin business.

Any ideas about the worth of the 2 letter .com.au?

eg

ir.com.au
dl.com.au
af.com.au
ct.com.au

Unless you have really good processes & register, park & advertise for sale in a very streamlined manner. But negotiation & transfer (thanks to these damn forms) is always going to be a hassle.

As for com.au - I reckon multiply by about 8-10 would be about right for these sorts of domains. A typical LL.com.au worth around $2,000?

Sway

I currently have a NL.com.au for sale, Looking to use the sale money for a future project so offering it much below industry value for a quick sale.

PM me if anyone is interested.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member