1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

2 Letter .net.au Domains

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by snoopinc, Apr 17, 2009.

1. snoopinc

snoopinc Membership: Community

Is there any value in 2 letter .net.au domains?

I have seen most of the 2 letter .com.au domains to be taken if not all gone.

2. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

surely all the LL .com.au's are gone ?

so the next step is the .net.au

i think ww.net.au and vv.net.au are for sale on netfleet

although NN are rarer 00-99 only

3. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    There is definitely value in ll.net.au's. All have been registered (I think) and this little niche is a rare area in the .AU market where have been enough domainer to domainer sales to get an idea of wholesale pricing.

Sales on Netfleet so far:

ir.net.au - $100
    dl.net.au - $200
    af.net.au - $70
    ct.net.au - $170
    33.net.au - $150

Whilst none are spectacular if you assume the buyers have paid a transfer cost of around $100 on average, and based on this admittedly tiny sample, you could argue that the average value of an LL.net.au is around $200-$250.

So possibly up to a 10-fold return on a $25 investment 2 years ago (when they were freely available to register)... not too bad at all.

4. Ross

Ross Membership: Community

yeh, i guess there is a niche industry for buying and selling 2 letter .net domain names... although even if you make $200 from the process, it still is not that much when you take into account all the time you've spent in promoting, negotiating, and transferring the domain name.

So i guess it would be a high volume, relatively low margin business.

Any ideas about the worth of the 2 letter .com.au?

eg

ir.com.au
    dl.com.au
    af.com.au
    ct.com.au

5. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Unless you have really good processes & register, park & advertise for sale in a very streamlined manner. But negotiation & transfer (thanks to these damn forms) is always going to be a hassle.

As for com.au - I reckon multiply by about 8-10 would be about right for these sorts of domains. A typical LL.com.au worth around $2,000?

6. snoopinc

snoopinc Membership: Community

Thanks for the feedback guys.

7. Sway

Sway Membership: Community

I currently have a NL.com.au for sale, Looking to use the sale money for a future project so offering it much below industry value for a quick sale.

PM me if anyone is interested.