What's new

2 letter domains

neddy

Top Contributor
Great article on Domain Investing (Elliot Silver) regarding floor values of 2 letter dot com domains. They sell for huge dollars.

http://www.domaininvesting.com/floor-price-2-letter-com-domain-names/#comment-229985

Good comment by Andrew Rosener of Media Options as well.

I know .com.au pales into insignificance compared to dot com, but given our current low base, I think there is huge upside to come with regards Aussie 2 letter domains.

Given that I have a few, I hope I'm eventually right. :)

snoopy

Top Contributor
People have been speculating on stuff like this for 10+ years, as well as nn.com.au, lll.com.au. But as we know the market has never improved significantly.

I would say Australia is far too small for these names to be worth a lot compared to the market for .com which is all of America, many other countries including a chunk of the other markets such as the UK, China, India etc + a lot of companies with global aspirations. No doubt the segment will grow but I don't think they will ever be worth a lot. Much like the typical ok one word .com is worth a lot, whilst the same keyword .com.au is typically not worth much.

Of the one ll .com.au that I own I suspect it is not worth much more than all the reg fees paid to hold it. Found much the same thing with 40.com.au. Didn't sell for much more than the 10 years of holding cost and it it took and awful lot of work to even get that.

neddy

Top Contributor
I would say Australia is far too small for these names to be worth a lot compared to the market for .com which is all of America, many other countries including a chunk of the other markets such as the UK, China, India etc + a lot of companies with global aspirations. No doubt the segment will grow but I don't think they will ever be worth a lot. Much like the typical ok one word .com is worth a lot, whilst the same keyword .com.au is typically not worth much.

I think I alluded to this! So we are in agreement.

I know .com.au pales into insignificance compared to dot com

The thing is, I am finding the market for LL.com.au and LLL.com.au definitely getting better. I've been really pleased with some of my returns - but maybe that's just me.

Of the one ll .com.au that I own I suspect it is not worth much more than all the reg fees paid to hold it.

I'm always a buyer of good LL.com.au domains - particularly at your pricing formula. :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member