What's new

1300 phone numbers - best way to buy?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has bought 1300 numbers before (especially specific "word" combinations). How does this system work? Is it possible to acquire numbers directly from some type of wholesaler?

Thanks for any info,

Shane

Top Contributor
I have a 1300 WORD number for my business. Go to the Smartnumbers website and check the availability of the number. If it's available you can place a bid for it, then the number will be placed in the next public auction.

I entered the minimum bid for my number ($500 from memory) and no one bid against me when it went to auction.

As you'll see, this service is run by the ACMA which is part of the federal government.

Anyway, the website is pretty self explanatory.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I remember the original smart numbers release in 2004 - i was bidding on a number but bombed out at $5K. A company called 1300Australia scooped loads up including this one. They will lease it to us for $1,000/month now :(

The original auction was not unlike auDA's generic domain auction except on steroids.

For example, 13TAXI fetched $1M in the auction and overall the total revenue must have been over $100M easy. 1300Australia spending a good proportion of that.

According to the following article, 13Taxi has had an offer of $6m and 1300flowers sold for $2m since.

http://www.phonenames.com.au/tabid/...Let-your-fingers-do-the-spelling/Default.aspx

Is it just me or do the prices of 1300 numbers make domains look damn cheap?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo