What's new

1,300+ AU domain portfolio for sale

Shane

Top Contributor
1,300+ suburb names for $750k...

http://www.placenames.com.au

These guys have a few domains that I want, but their price expectations are way too high in my opinion.

Would this be the largest AU portfolio offered for sale?

Shane

Top Contributor
Yeah, and only $2,850 in advertising revenue for the whole portfolio!

I'm keen on a few of their Brisbane suburb names, but $6,000+ is not a reasonable price. If it is, then I'll happily sell my portfolio of similar domains for half of that!

A lot of their domains are sitting on Netfleet with < $1,000 offers, so surely the market it saying they're not worth any more than that. Bundaberg.com.au is an obvious exception, but I'm talking about little Brisbane suburbs with < 10,000 population that are not tourist areas.

Yes, I am turning my own thread into a bit of a rant... :)

geodomains

Top Contributor
Well cherry picked 4 of the domains they had early in the piece, spent about $30k, had some spare money then after selling 4 of my geo's for $115k.

I was happy then as they were all popular tourist spots I purchased, not into suburb domains, never have been and never will be.

My gut feeling is, they will struggle to find a buyer, for there sake I hope I'm wrong.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Nice portfolio worth looking at if you had the $$ ( $577 per name). Lots of potential for local directories / news etc?

Good luck to the seller. Hope they do some marketing / direct contact to possible buyers ( maybe Sensis. OMG, TrueLocal , and overseas portfolio buyer / seller Moniker http://www.moniker.com/domainapprai...p;jsessionid=A142A03B2FEB3325216ABE2C4DD39B28 or Sedo http://www.sedo.com/us/...aking a commission for large portfolio sales?

Last edited:

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Estate agents love the suburb geo's, but they don't want to pay. They have bega.com.au, wonder what's that's worth to Fonterra

cherrytron

Top Contributor
$200 each, $260k + some premium, I think an offer around the 400-500k mark is probably pretty reasonable.

I'd be willing to put cash in to that and split the portfolio up for individual sale.

Shane

Top Contributor
$200 each, $260k + some premium, I think an offer around the 400-500k mark is probably pretty reasonable.

I'd be willing to put cash in to that and split the portfolio up for individual sale.

I think most of the suburb names would be worth a lot more than $200 each. I have a few and have been trying to buy more, but people are knocking back $1,000 offers on small suburbs which have no tourist market and populations < 10,000.

I'd value the average pure suburb domain at around $800. Obviously some will be worth a lot more depending on the suburb.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Sounds marginal, 122k in sales over what period of time? What has been spent on reg fees over the same time period?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Needs some proper marketing to a potential buyer like yellow pages / truelocal etc etc.

They have the resources to really make it work great and thats nothing for them to spend to buy it.

Would be good to see more forum members from major market players here to see their opinions personal or representing their company

Good luck with the sale. You will get a buyer if the right people get know the portfolio is for sale.

Maybe netfleet or someone needs to get into portfolio sales? This could be good for the industry and also help further develop good names with potential into good public resources

courier

Its funny they have gone for suburb names - I have always referred to my domains as the land before they get the site developed on them . We are similar to new age property developers. All the best to them..Think they may need it

Timmy

Banned
Hey David or Mark,

Can you confirm that "The respected domain auction company Netfleet.com.au has valued the names at over $1.4 million"????

Cheers, T.

Shane

Top Contributor
From my understanding they've just based it on the automatic values that Netfleet assigns.

I've been trying to buy some of the domains, but the vendor is trying to use the Netfleet valuations (which are so wrong) to justify his prices.

Netfleet has valued some of mine at $1,000+ yet they haven't attracted a single offer and are probably barely worth reg fee! But what do people expect? It's just an automated system that uses a few different figures to come up with a valuation, people shouldn't be relying on it.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Any updates on this portfolio for sale?

Netfleet what about a new section on your sales website of "Domain name Portfolios for sale"?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member